Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was your first favourite player?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For me it is definitely Peter Ward as an Albion favourite

During the dark days, I regularly cursed him for turning me into an Albion fan :smile:

My first hero though was Jimmy Greaves, I was a big Spurs fan as a small kid

I often get things like this wrong but I suggest most of you are going to come up with a striker/goal scorer, probably quite a few won’t even be an Albion player

Except [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] who will be choosing a defender :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Fred Binney, just prior to the days of Wardy becoming my all-time favourite. I am pretty sure Wardy is a demi-god in fact and sits on Mount Apollo along with other notables such as Dionysus etc.

BTW, strikes me that this thread is a quick reference way of seeing our respective ages!

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
My first favourite player was Eddie Gray. I will never forget his performance in the 1970 FA Cup final. He disappeared in the replay though!

My first favourite Albion player was Mick Robinson. Still the best no 9 I have ever seen in an Albion shirt.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Malcolm Poskett and his wonderful mustache!

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Kevin Keegan, my first game was Brighton v Southampton Jan 84. Never stopped me supporting Brighton, my first Brighton fave was probably Michael Robinson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Johan Mjällby I think. Scored the first goal in the first full game I saw. Very strong defender, unfortunately had his best years ruined by injuries.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Roy Jennings. A Colossus of a man with shorts hitched up at the sides around his waist, shirt sleeves rolled up, broken nose and the looks of a commando. A legendary captain of the blue and whites in the early 60s. A man never to be forgotten by all who were up against him and all who saw him on the field of play.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ken Beamish for Brighton
George Best

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Garry Nelson and John Keeley

Both were eventually usurped by John Byrne though. He remains my all-time favourite Albion player, and the one I was the most GUTTED at losing when we sold him to Sunderland.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Before I knew any better, Peter Lorimer. Then dad took me to Brighton, and my favourite became Sully.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Fred Binney, just prior to the days of Wardy becoming my all-time favourite. I am pretty sure Wardy is a demi-god in fact and sits on Mount Apollo along with other notables such as Dionysus etc.

BTW, strikes me that this thread is a quick reference way of seeing our respective ages!

Fred Binney. The only player to make Messi look decidedly ordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here