Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Friendly @ Amex weekend of 30th July

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Mid-table? Pah! We’re big boys now so it’s Champions League winners or no-one. :cheers:

Its a measure of our standing now when it starts to become difficult to even think of (let alone book) a club for a pre season friendly that would cause a bit of a stir of excitement on these boards

Top two teams in Europe -City and Liverpool- meh-beat them already , and whats the point of a Premier League club anyway, mid table from any of the top European leagues would be a bit well "great but nothing special", we are supposedly at that level anyway. We really are talking about Champions League winners, or a South American team

Its not that long ago that it was a big occasion to get Spurs, or Chelsea down for the pre season, now that would seem a bit of a anti climax

I will go along to it, whoever we play but for a rocking full house and sense of excitement its going to have to be pretty special

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I've got a mate (not from this area) planning on bringing his young Man United supporting son to this game as his first experience of live football. Hoping it's a game that converts him to the Albion, or at least gives him a lifelong soft spot for us - a decent crowd, opposition he's heard of before and an exciting game hopefully.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It’s PSG apparently.

Portslade Soccer Group

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Hopefully they’ll be plenty of cheap tickets, a big crowd, a bit of sunshine, some goals and a couple of ‘names’ to get the kinds engaged. I rarely go to the home ones as I like the day out. Last time I was excited about a friendly was Le Harve and as expected (and on a personal level) the match was the worst part of the weekend. (I mean, it couldn’t complete with watching out the window as the French police were standing on the necks of two female Albion fans while their boyfriends where launched into the back of Le wagon de meat.)

Funny enough, I’m quite looking forward to Reading, a day out on the train and a few beers with the boy, and a new ground for him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Training exercises whoever we play. It’s like going to football until you get there then it’s a snooze fest.

Does anyone go thinking it will be something else though?

It's an aperitif to the start of the season.

I've not seen many of the Amex friendlies due to being away on hols but this year we're able to go a earlier so likely to take the game in.

Hotel and train already booked for United so it's building up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here