Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's football panel Q&A with Albion's Polly Bancroft, 23 June

grahamt

Dec 13, 2017
(Apologies if this is considered illicit advertising, but it's a one-off event and it involves the Albion.)

On Thursday June 23rd, shortly before the start of the women's Euros, there's going to be a panel Q&A on all aspects of women's football. Panellists include: Albion's women's general manager Polly Bancroft; Maggie Murphy, Lewes FC Chief Exec; and Jody East, curator of the big exhibition 'Goal Power' on women's football that opens on Saturday 18th June. The host is local sports journalist Nick Szczepanik.

Come along, hear what the panellists have to say and ask any questions you have. What are the chances of Albion women playing their home matches closer to home in future? Can Lewes build on their recent win over Liverpool to push for promotion and will other clubs also start to pay men and women equally? Just what was behind the FAs decision to ban women from FA grounds in 1921, just after 53,000 watched a women's match at Goodison Park, and why did it take so long for the ban to be lifted? What are the prospects for developing girls' football locally? And can England win the Euros?

The event takes place at Exeter Street Hall just north of Seven Dials in Brighton, starting at 7:30pm. More info is available at https://exeterstreethall.org and tickets can be bought from https://exeterstreethall.org/tickets

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That sounds interesting. Unfortunately, I'm at a meeting in London that day and won't be back till late evening. I'd be particularly keen to hear about developing girls football locally. We're trying to attract girls to our rugby club and it's a bit of a challenge.

Hope someone from here goes and feeds back on it

grahamt

Dec 13, 2017
Sorry, Beach Hut. It's a 'left hand, right hand' thing. I didn't know that 'Not Andy Naylor' had done the original post.

grahamt

Dec 13, 2017
Gwylan - I'm hoping Nick Szczepanik might post something about the discussion afterwards, but if he doesn't I'll write a short summary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here