Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The things we do for love.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No, not the 10cc song.

Mrs LLF has a significant birthday coming up, so I am making the ultimate sacrifice and I have just secured 2 tickets to see Robbie Williams on his forthcoming tour.

She loves the cheeky scamp, me, I’m not so keen. It will be the third time I have accompanied her to see Mr Williams.
I’ll be honest, I’m not looking forward to it.

So, what’s the worst thing you’ve had to do for love?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

Wrong singer but still brilliant :thumbsup:

Go horse racing when the Albion had a promotion chasing game on the same afternoon. I spent most of the afternoon in the car listening to the game though :smile:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why don’t you switch it up a bit and take her away for a romantic few days in Italy or something? Anything to avoid another evening of trauma :lolol: Arrange for her to go with a mate to see the dullard as an extra little something.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Firstly, nothing would get in the way of the Albion, nothing.
Back in the day, 1977 ish, the last train home was the 11:10 from Brighton and at 11:00 I would still be outside my then GF's home. Mad dash from the Queens Park area to the train and I caught it half the time. Missed it and it was a 10 mile hike home thumbing it on the A23. Did once get picked up by a paedo but that's another story.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Made the decision for my wife to retire early, as after numerous medical issues and hassle from her company, where something had to give, her health or her work.
As a loyal employee for many years, she didn't really want to make decision, as not in her DNA.
A no brainer IMO....

el punal

I suggested to Mrs Punal that we visit Manchester for our wedding anniversary. I said that it is now a thriving, vibrant city with lots to offer visitors. I of course omitted to tell that the Albion were playing at Old Trafford that particular weekend. She cottoned on soon enough - let’s just say my name was mud for a few days. :shrug:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Told my Mrs Comrade Sam, many, many years ago, that I was going to take her somewhere she'd never been before as a birthday treat. Had a Thai meal in Chichester!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wife's birthday is May 10th we travelled to Portugal for a family weekend in 2013.

As some of you may remember we played Palace away in the first leg.
Our daughter was very young and not very well that evening, so "we" decided to stay in with some wine at the apartment...
Oh no we don't, I found a bar showing the game and disappeared for a several hours. Boy was she feckin mad, and still goes on about it.
Our flight back was the night we lost to Palace at home, one saving grace.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I regularly have to endure East-facking-enders and Mrs Brown Boys on the tv.

But of course it's utterly selfish to think only the things I like should be
on tv.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As much as my wife would love to see Robbie Williams, she would think I had gone raving mad or I was up to something if I bought tickets for us to see him.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:stupid:
Why don’t you switch it up a bit and take her away for a romantic few days in Italy or something? Anything to avoid another evening of trauma :lolol: Arrange for her to go with a mate to see the dullard as an extra little something.

Trouble is, she might not like being stuck at Gatwick for a few hours/days.:D

Jul 7, 2003
Mrs DCH loves gardening so for her birthday this year I took her to the Chelsea Flower Show. Stupidly expensive and not the most exciting but she really enjoyed her day which was the important thing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Firstly, nothing would get in the way of the Albion, nothing.
Back in the day, 1977 ish, the last train home was the 11:10 from Brighton and at 11:00 I would still be outside my then GF's home. Mad dash from the Queens Park area to the train and I caught it half the time. Missed it and it was a 10 mile hike home thumbing it on the A23. Did once get picked up by a paedo but that's another story.

That was a mad dash. It's an 18 minute walk from The Pepperpot. So you were that crazy lad I'd see kissing outside a house then running past the window late at night that year.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went with an ex to see KD Lang at Hammersmith - not my cup of tea at all.

It was a truly weird experience though: the audience must have been about 98% female and about 75% of them lesbian

The queues for the women's bogs were horrendous. I came out of the gents and told some of them further down the queue to go in there as they were completely empty. They reacted as if I'd suggested a quickie.

The gig wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought it would be and it was worth it to experience something totally different ... we split up about a month later though

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I took my better half to see Barry Manilow at the O2 in London - made a whole weekend of it, nice hotel, meals out, sightseeing etc.

I still feel dirty now, but I guess I win this thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here