Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] How much left on your mortgage?

How much is left on your mortgage

• Happy days... No Mortgage

Votes: 145 44.9%
  • Under 50k

Votes: 24 7.4%
  • 50k-100k

Votes: 24 7.4%
  • 100k-200k

Votes: 58 18.0%
  • 200k-300k

Votes: 34 10.5%
  • 300k-400k

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • 400k-500k

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • 500k-600k

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 600k-700k

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 700k-800k

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 800k-900k

• 900k-1 mill

• 1 mill-1.5 mill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.5 mill plus

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
We are in the process of moving but in order to move from a flat to a house we are lumbering ourselves with a scarily high mortgage. Unfortunately there is no other way...

Got me thinking whether we are in the minority or majority...

Thanks [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All bought and paid for, fortunately.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm 1 month into a scarily high 30 year mortgage, if that helps.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are in the process of moving but in order to move from a flat to a house we are lumbering ourselves with a scarily high mortgage. Unfortunately there is no other way...

Got me thinking whether we are in the minority or majority...

Guess it depends on how old you are. No idea if it’s still true but it used to be that you’d stretch yourself to the limit on a repayment mortgage…as long as you had 30 odd years to pay it off and a secure job.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'm 1 month into a scarily high 30 year mortgage, if that helps.

i am not even one month in yet... scary stuff especially as i do not like my job and dread most days.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
i am not even one month in yet... scary stuff especially as i do not like my job and dread most days.

This is not a good starting point :down:

On the upside we crucified ourselves in 1988 moving from a maisonette to a big house needing a shitload of work. We sold for 72k, bought for 125k and had to spend 50k on the house. The country then went into a recession a couple of months after we bought the house. We shat ourselves but it all worked out :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
**** me, look at how many don’t have a mortgage. Old, vagrant, renters, live at parents home or rich fanbase?

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The Mrs and I paid ours off last October on the anniversary of when we first met 15 years previous. Celebrated by booking into Whittlebury Hall for a couple of days with a spa day and slap up dinner.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Must feel so liberating to be mortgage free. My mortgage payments for a 25 year mortgage is over half my monthly income.

I do think i am very lucky though to even be able to get a house.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Mrs and I paid ours off last October on the anniversary of when we first met 15 years previous. Celebrated by booking into Whittlebury Hall for a couple of days with a spa day and slap up dinner.

Do men do Spa days?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must feel so liberating to be mortgage free. My mortgage payments for a 25 year mortgage is over half my monthly income.

I do think i am very lucky though to even be able to get a house.

It is, but the downside is that you are probably in the sunset of your life :lolol:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

This issue is about timeframes. House prices rise with inflation over the long term. So does your salary. But your mortgage debt doesn't. So as the value of your house rises gently, so too does your equity in the house. Every month, you are improving your financial position.

As for not liking your job and dreading most days, we all have bad patches. But we all get through them. Your bad patch will pass. In thirty years time, or whenever you've retired, you will look back and smile at the way you feel now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here