Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton - bid to buy the club

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Peter Kenyon (ex CEO of Manure, then Chelsea) and some US billionaires are in the early stages of attempting to buy Everton.

Removing Putin’s mate Usmanov (the de facto backer behind Everton) from our game, can’t be a bad thing?

40E47D29-573E-4AA9-AEF6-A02290D58966.png
D256466A-037B-456E-881A-0716F584F47C.png

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have a long held belief that to be that rich, you’ve got to have harmed a few people along the way somewhere. Oligarchs by another noun probably.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I thought this was going to be a whip 'round

I'd have chipped in a fiver.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would love it if they go down next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure how far Moshiri is in bed with Putin and his mates - not sure if this new shady lot are any better (or worse). Top level football is just such a load of dodgy financial shite these days. Somebody give me a steer here - are beheading Saudis better or worse than murdering Putin? And where do Americans who borrow money (and don't repay it) from a club to buy it fit in to the scale of shitness?

Kenwright is pretty much the Everton version of Dick Knight isn't he? Not enough money to make that crucial difference, but pulled the club through earlier dark days (though never as dark as ours, obvs).

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Not sure how far Moshiri is in bed with Putin and his mates - not sure if this new shady lot are any better (or worse). Top level football is just such a load of dodgy financial shite these days. Somebody give me a steer here - are beheading Saudis better or worse than murdering Putin? And where do Americans who borrow money (and don't repay it) from a club to buy it fit in to the scale of shitness?

Kenwright is pretty much the Everton version of Dick Knight isn't he? Not enough money to make that crucial difference, but pulled the club through earlier dark days (though never as dark as ours, obvs).

They may have money, but American football club investors tend to do it because they want to take money ut of the club, not to put it in.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Apparently, as a sweetener, the Yanks have offered to buy Toffee-tastic Everton manager Frank Dullard a personality into the bargain.

Everton, the club absolutely no one gives a shit about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They may have money, but American football club investors tend to do it because they want to take money ut of the club, not to put it in.

Except FSG at Liverpool. They've only ever made medium term loans to the club, for infrastructure projects.

The benefits to FSG are that an asset that cost £300m, now has a value of £3b and branding is helping the entire business the other side of the Atlantic.

The previous bunch Hicks & Gillett did exactly as you say.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
"Can we please have a guarantee of no points deduction or big fine for breaching FFP?"

Get to fukk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here