Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] See, don’t just take my word for it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He's not wrong, Stoke is most definitely a shithole. Doesn't change the fact that he's one of the biggest bellends the world has ever seen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's not wrong, Stoke is most definitely a shithole. Doesn't change the fact that he's one of the biggest bellends the world has ever seen.

Are you confusing him with the other one?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whenever I've heard Noel Gallagher speak, he comes across as thoughtful, intelligent and amusing. He is also one of the most talented singer-songwriters this country has ever produced, IMO.

Maybe I'm a bit fick though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, if that **** reckons it's a shit-hole, I'm checking out AirB'n'Bs for a great weekend there first thing in the mornng.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Worked in and around Stoke for many years, it is a bit crap but I found Potters were much nicer than Mancs or Scousers plus you can easily get the wonder that is Staffordshire Oatcakes...

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Worked in and around Stoke for many years, it is a bit crap but I found Potters were much nicer than Mancs or Scousers plus you can easily get the wonder that is Staffordshire Oatcakes...

My old boss used to come from the 5 towns and every Sunday he used to bring oatcakes and “dip” it was almost ritualistic how he made it
It was bloody lovely mind you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think Noel's a 5 on the bellend scale, but Liam's a definite 10.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now Robbie……

“Robbie Williams announces new arena tour - but snubs Stoke-on-Trent”

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/new...bbie-williams-announces-new-arena-7199928.amp

While I certainly agree with you on Stoke, here is my first ever experience with the German railways. Good Pretzels at Aachen station though and the Paderborner Lager (bought in honour of our erstwhile BFG) went down a treat when the thing finally left at 17.30 (and we'd crossed the Belgian border and could then remove our mask).

:whistle: :kiss:

germany.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
While I certainly agree with you on Stoke, here is my first ever experience with the German railways. Good Pretzels at Aachen station though and the Paderborner Lager (bought in honour of our erstwhile BFG) went down a treat when the thing finally left at 17.30 (and we'd crossed the Belgian border and could then remove our mask).

:whistle: :kiss:

View attachment 148910

German efficiency gets a bit conflated with Dutch laid-backness when you get near their border…..

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Told you so.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/new...l-gallagher-delivers-eight-letter-7200298.amp

“Rock star Noel Gallagher invited a Stoke schoolboy onto the stage for a selfie during last night's Cannock Chase gig - and labelled the city a 's***hole'.”

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder…….sometimes it’s helpful to get to root causes.

https://www.stokemuseums.org.uk/pmag/bombing-the-potteries/

Maybe it’s not the good burghers of Staffordshire that are at fault……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here