Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When is it not on?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I told my wife that Sunday 22 May was the last day of football, knowing there was no world cup this summer. Then a European Cup game a week later cost me a takeaway. I watched the Wales world cup qualifier, another takeaway. I'm not bothered about England so didn't realise they are still playing, indeed have a game on the 14th June. That's summer, why aren't they on a beach somewhere?
I've tickets to the Amex for the ladies games in July.
And then it's August and all starts again.
My wife seems to think the football season never ends. Is she right?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've watched one and a half games since West Ham.

I guess the season is over when you want it to be over.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The addicted part of me wants it to continue. But watching knackered players. who've peaked their fitness a month ago, isn't really proper football.

Luckily the cricket is decent this summer so quite getting into that

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When does pre-season training start? Presumably sometime mid-July. Seems to me that the best of the EPL players will be going into this new season completely knackered. How much is enough?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I've watched one and a half games since West Ham.

I guess the season is over when you want it to be over.

This.

I've watched zero football since the West Ham game and won't watch anything until our first game of the season, most likely. Unless we have any particularly interesting pre-season friendlies.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When does pre-season training start? Presumably sometime mid-July. Seems to me that the best of the EPL players will be going into this new season completely knackered. How much is enough?

Officially players are back first week of July but those on international duty likely to get a week or 2 more.

I know a few players (Brighton and non Brighton) who are on ‘pre-pre season’ at the moment , as they were in my gym this morning !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Officially players are back first week of July but those on international duty likely to get a week or 2 more.

I know a few players (Brighton and non Brighton) who are on ‘pre-pre season’ at the moment , as they were in my gym this morning !

Thats because players these days are in deep do-doo if they go back for preseason in worse shape than they finished the previous season.

Preseason is no longer about 'getting in shape for the new season'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here