Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The amount of high tackles flying in there :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He didn't score it, Gareth Edwards did - but it was his side steps that started it

But he was a great player though.
GMH Phil

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Of course it was - my error in posting too quickly - I was at Uni in Cardiff from 75 to 78 and not beforehand a rugby fan but you couldn’t help but be mesmerised by the Welsh team at that time and for me his sidesteps were just beautiful

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ooh it’s a corner;10288507 said:
Of course it was - my error in posting too quickly - I was at Uni in Cardiff from 75 to 78 and not beforehand a rugby fan but you couldn’t help but be mesmerised by the Welsh team at that time and for me his sidesteps were just beautiful

It would have been interesting if the World Cup had existed at that time. They only played New Zealand twice in the 70s. Two very narrow defeats, only four points across the two games.

Bennett was in the Llanelli team that beat them in 1972. I think every Welsh fan over 60 claims they were there.

RIP

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
When Llanelli beat the All Blacks in 1972, there were around ~120 pubs and bars in the town.
All were drunk dry, such was the celebration afterwards. I might be right in thinking that only 1 or 2 other club teams
have ever beaten the All Blacks in the UK and Ireland. There was a superb documentary about the day -
an amazing tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Kv9FXqs1k

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When Llanelli beat the All Blacks in 1972, there were around ~120 pubs and bars in the town.
All were drunk dry, such was the celebration afterwards. I might be right in thinking that only 1 or 2 other club teams
have ever beaten the All Blacks in the UK and Ireland. There was a superb documentary about the day -
an amazing tribute:

Can't believe the shocking brutality of the game then. Only seen a bit of the action, but playing ref I've already sent three off.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
an amazing tribute:

I’m sure Munster did. Ward wasn’t it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here