Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The EPL managerial sack race.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hasenhuttl for sure. Bad end to their season and internal problems at the club.

Scummers have just released 3 of Hasenhuttl’s coach’s and brought in a new ‘lead coach’. I don’t think he’ll even make the start of the season.

Which raises an interesting* question: If he were to be sacked before pre-season started would his sacking be classed as a 21/22 or 22/23 sacking?

*OK, not that interesting a question.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
After this weekend’s results I genuinely think Gerrard will be the first PL manager to get the bullet this season. I’ve seen a thread on FB from Villa fans absolutely slating Gerrard after the weekend saying he hasn’t got a clue tactically and is down to the fact he has lost his right hand man (Michael Beale) who was the tactical brains in his management team at Rangers and Villa. Some Villa fans had the arrogance to say they need to “go and get Potter from Brighton” ! Deluded clowns !

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Afternoon this weekend’s results I genuinely think Gerrard will be the first PL manager to get the bullet this season. I’ve seen a thread on FB from Villa fans absolutely slating Gerrard after the weekend saying he hasn’t got a clue tactically and is down to the fact he has lost his right hand man (Michael Beale) who was the tactical brains in his management team at Rangers and Villa. Some Villa fans had the arrogance to say they need to “go and get Potter from Brighton” ! Deluded clowns !

If that's your hot take from week one.
Then you are Southampton Ralph and I claim my £5.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Still think Cooper will be the first out. People are forgetting that they're essentially Watford in a disguise.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see Rodgers is now odds-on to be first manager sacked - looks a bit harsh to me, he must have a bit of credit in the bank

I'm going to have a small punt on Tuchel, he's 20-1 and that strikes me as good value. While four points from three games is not a bad start, it's not what was expected. And Chelsea are almost Watford-like in manager life-expectancy - RDM was sacked just a few months after winning the CL. It may be different under new owners, but Americans are renowned for their tolerance towards failure

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think Gerrard will be first to go

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Think Gerrard will be first to go

Yeah, he's up there: Lampard, Rodgers and Gerrard are all pretty equal. Bizarrely, Hasenhuttl is up there - he's had a decent start to the season and so is Ten Hag. I know he's a lost a couple of games but Man U aren't about to sack a manager after a couple of months in charge

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yeah, he's up there: Lampard, Rodgers and Gerrard are all pretty equal. Bizarrely, Hasenhuttl is up there - he's had a decent start to the season and so is Ten Hag. I know he's a lost a couple of games but Man U aren't about to sack a manager after a couple of months in charge

Eight-Tag has 8 more losses to go before he gets the boot. Maybe before Xmas though. Think they’ll get stuffed tonight to fans will try and postpone the game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eight-Tag has 8 more losses to go before he gets the boot. Maybe before Xmas though. Think they’ll get stuffed tonight to fans will try and postpone the game.

I agree with Klopp, if the games is postponed due to a demonstration Liverpool should be awarded the points. Given our history I know that’s harsh but the circumstances aren’t even vaguely similar

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I see Rodgers is now odds-on to be first manager sacked - looks a bit harsh to me, he must have a bit of credit in the bank

I'm not sure Leicester's owners really do the whole "credit in the bank" thing - remember they sacked Ranieri nine months after he won the Premier League with them

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not sure Leicester's owners really do the whole "credit in the bank" thing - remember they sacked Ranieri nine months after he won the Premier League with them

Good point. I'd forgotten that - although Rodgers has had several decent seasons, the Tinkerman was a one-off

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It will be hilarious if he is given the boot this side of Xmas. To be fair, he’s not really the issue, but it will still be very funny.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

I think this season may be a tad different . We have effectively a six week break from November ,so i think a lot of chairman will wait until then and have that period to get new guy in and work with the non internationals etc .

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
This is a leagues of pretty secure managers and ones on a knife edge if they don't perform. In my opinion the Managers that have very little or no chance immediate risk of getting the sack in descending order
Pep
Arteta
Potter
Howe
Viera
Arteta
Conte
Marsch
Frank
Silva
pretty much below that all up for the chop within half a dozen games. Personally I think Scott Parker or Steve Gerrard could get the hoof quite quickly. Both teams could enter a poor extended run based upon current performances

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is a leagues of pretty secure managers and ones on a knife edge if they don't perform. In my opinion the Managers that have very little or no chance immediate risk of getting the sack in descending order
Pep
Arteta
Potter
Howe
Viera
Arteta
Conte
Marsch
Frank
Silva
pretty much below that all up for the chop within half a dozen games. Personally I think Scott Parker or Steve Gerrard could get the hoof quite quickly. Both teams could enter a poor extended run based upon current performances

Arteta is very secure then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here