Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First game of the season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sanchez is the only deal that would have me questioning Mr Bloom's motives to sell.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d expect Potter to be out the door, not many would be happy with that.

Bloom OUT :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
So it turns out multi-billionare legend Tony sells Trossard, Bissouma, Sanchez and Cucurella for £250m. Are you gleeful, concerned, or ambivalent to Tony's recruitment?

Without any new incoming experienced players we would be battling to avoid dropping into the relegation mix but I'm pretty sure the plan for next season will be to finish in the top 10.

Longer term their replacements may already be within the squad/academy. But I expect us to bring in 2/3 players who are first team ready so maybe we would be ok.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'd be concerned if all four went, but I don't think they will.

I reckon:
Bissouma - very likely to go. Think we're covered.
Cucurella - someone may stump up the asking price but he'll be expensive, and we'll have a quality replacement lined up
Trossard - 50/50. Not sure we have a like for like replacement.
Sanchez - think we should be able to hang onto him as no-one will stump up £40-50m. Yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Without any new incoming experienced players we would be battling to avoid dropping into the relegation mix but I'm pretty sure the plan for next season will be to finish in the top 10.

Longer term their replacements may already be within the squad/academy. But I expect us to bring in 2/3 players who are first team ready so maybe we would be ok.

The squad doesn't need any more experienced players.

Bissouma is already covered.
75% of Trossard's output is already covered.
Mitoma, March and Webster have Cucurella covered.
Even Sanchez, who seems irreplaceable at the moment, will be anything but in 12 months time, so who's to say can't go early.

The current squad is just as likely to be back in its customary EPL position than the one without those 4 players.

The one lesson last season should have taught us is:-

The fixture list has a fairly sizeable input when determining league position.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well at least it could probably fund a striker or two that [MENTION=1647]b.w.2.[/MENTION] would be happy with :wink:

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Certainly don't want to lose a man who was our POS - not mention such FLAIR Hair, Sanchez still makes too many errors to be a Top 6PL Keeper, I think Trossard is now a happier bunny than he was, so that leaves the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma that is Biss. If he turned up more often than he does then I would be sorrier at his departure but I suspect that even Pep won't get a more consistent effort from him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Certainly don't want to lose a man who was our POS - not mention such FLAIR Hair, Sanchez still makes too many errors to be a Top 6PL Keeper, I think Trossard is now a happier bunny than he was, so that leaves the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma that is Biss. If he turned up more often than he does then I would be sorrier at his departure but I suspect that even Pep won't get a more consistent effort from him.

Hmmm pretty much mirrors my thoughts really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here