Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] United game post-match

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Nobby Nomates

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I must admit, when I first read this a couple of days after the y, the bit about Bruno and Mata being deep in conversation led me to hope we might get him in as a fitter version of Lallana. I think he could do a job, particularly if Pascal had gone .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not sure if posted before, but this is an excellent account of what happened in the players' areas after the match. Not sure the reason Ronaldo waited so long to leave was because he was sulking, probably just wanted to avoid the fans.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-ronaldo-dressing-room-23902129

Hang on - according to NSC this can't be right?

Capture.PNG

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not sure if posted before, but this is an excellent account of what happened in the players' areas after the match. Not sure the reason Ronaldo waited so long to leave was because he was sulking, probably just wanted to avoid the fans.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-ronaldo-dressing-room-23902129

I’ve no idea if he was sulking or not …I do know that there were other things going on as regards to him and why he waited …but I’ve been sworn to secrecy

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I must admit, when I first read this a couple of days after the y, the bit about Bruno and Mata being deep in conversation led me to hope we might get him in as a fitter version of Lallana. I think he could do a job, particularly if Pascal had gone .

Bruno, being a wonderful sort of chap, is a member of a charity (Common Goal) co-founded by Mata.

I think they're good friends. Would be excellent to get him for a season though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was our best atmosphere for a long time. Hardly typical of the normal Amex atmosphere.

Edit: in fact there was a thread about it at the time. https://www.northstandchat.com/show...v-Man-Utd-the-best-since&highlight=Atmosphere

But you have to take into account our home form throughout the season. If we see more games like that the atmosphere will be better. I've said it before time and time again, it's what happens on the pitch that generates the atmosphere, not meaningless artificial gimmicks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
'The Manchester United supporters in the away end must have glanced enviously at Brighton. They have a progressive coach, recruit impressively, play enthralling football, the stadium facilities are excellent and the atmosphere impressive for a new build.'

All of this, incredible for anyone who has supported the club from the 90's and before.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nicely written piece, that. Thanks to OP for sharing :clap2:

It's the sort of thing I wish we'd see more of from football journalists - really provides some interesting behind-the-scenes colour.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But you have to take into account our home form throughout the season. If we see more games like that the atmosphere will be better. I've said it before time and time again, it's what happens on the pitch that generates the atmosphere, not meaningless artificial gimmicks.

100%

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's the sort of thing I wish we'd see more of from football journalists - really provides some interesting behind-the-scenes colour.

But interestingly, it gets some facts completely wrong. "The press boxes are positioned behind the dugouts" (actually the main press box is about ten rows behind the dugouts and the overspill is in the top row of the WSU) "and, in order to access the press conference room, you have to pass through the tunnel. Debris from the turf had not been swept away as we strolled through post-match, passing a topless Victor Lindelof speaking Svenska with the Brighton coach Bjorn Hamberg."

Now that used to be true pre-COVID, but since the media areas of the stadium have re-opened, access to the press conference room is back via the media writing room and then a long back passage (oo-er!) to the very far end of the tunnel. You're only allowed into the tunnel itself once all the players have departed. So maybe they had visited the Amex before the restrictions and got confused, or they spotted the turf and the conversation from back there and decided to add a little artistically-licensed colour or they made it up.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here