Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Reliable Brighton cabs

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Any recommendations for the best taxi company for pre-booking? Last time I tried, it was a bit of a shambles. 10 minutes after the pick up time, they still hadn’t dispatched the car because there was “nothing in the area“. Kind of defeats the object of pre-booking. That was in town too, so I fear the worst now that I’m looking to book one on the outskirts. I’ve got a train I really don’t want to miss…

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Uber have never let me down in Brighton, neither has the Brighton & Hove Radio Cabs app.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We have a split decision…. Seems like it could be pot luck. I think it might have been Streamline that were woeful before. Cheers for the replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
From what I understand, Uber are only meant to be using Drivers who are also registered in Brighton but their geo fence doesn’t stop London regulated mini cabs operating. Public liability insurance may be invalid if your driver isn’t registered in Brighton correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not sure if it's Streamline or Radio Cabs but avoid 204060 - utter shysters and liars.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
From what I understand, Uber are only meant to be using Drivers who are also registered in Brighton but their geo fence doesn’t stop London regulated mini cabs operating. Public liability insurance may be invalid if your driver isn’t registered in Brighton correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure that's correct - all the Ubers I use are B&H, Lewes or Adur registered. 414141 cabs tend to be registered in Adur but operate in Brighton and Hove.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you're on the west side of town, I've never, ever been let down by 595959. They don't have a huge number of drivers now, post pandemic, but when you phone to pre-book they'll tell you if they can do it or not. Used them Monday just gone for a 4.45am cab to Gatwick and the bloke was there on the dot. Before Covid I used them pretty much every week as most Mondays I either had to get the morning rush flight to Edinburgh or a train from Brighton early doors.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here