Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] External Security Lighting

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Off the back of my previous, highly successful and read thread, I've been burgled etc.

Are there any reputable/ available classic or modern electrically trained experts who could, supply and/or just fit, new front and rear (separate units not a proper idiot) motion triggered security lights in the Worthing area?

:bowdown:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Off the back of my previous, highly successful and read thread, I've been burgled etc.

Are there any reputable/ available classic or modern electrically trained experts who could, supply and/or just fit, new front and rear (separate units not a proper idiot) motion triggered security lights in the Worthing area?

Gonna be expensive if you're looking to cover the whole of the Worthing area. Would suggest you just fit them on your own property to start with. :thumbsup:

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Wasnt intending on doing Durrington for obvious reasons and to save a few pence..

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
better off with cameras than lights Shirley? idea to catch them, not help them see what they're nicking??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a few of these about our back garden, largely to deter badgers from digging up my lawn, they certainly do the trick, and kick out loads of light, you can get different sizes too. They work all year round, and don't require installation*.

71fjgtmy+7L._AC_SX679_.jpg

*well, a couple of screws.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Got a light/camera combo coming for the back garden, which needs wiring.

Have invested in a Eufy Doorbell/Cam which is battery powered on the front door.

Just wanted a decorative motion sensor style light for the front, to enhance the lighting without making it look like a prison yard each time its triggered.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I usually persuade my customers to fit a warm white LED remote controlled flood in your situation. The remote gives you various options constant light if your having a party or bbq in the evening for instance.
PIR is built into the unit so they look reasonably stylish no ugly PIR hanging below the unit. Cost about £60 I will dig out the link if interested.

Jul 7, 2003

If you have something in mind, then you can buy them yourself and just get a good electrician to fit them. I use Wellman Electrical who are very reliable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arlo door bell camera and camera with light for anywhere else you want to cover. Monitor from your phone when out, you can even speak to people who ring your doorbell when you are out. 24/7 monitoring

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
I usually persuade my customers to fit a warm white LED remote controlled flood in your situation. The remote gives you various options constant light if your having a party or bbq in the evening for instance.
PIR is built into the unit so they look reasonably stylish no ugly PIR hanging below the unit. Cost about £60 I will dig out the link if interested.

Would be very interested if they can be set to be on for a specific period of the day/night bit.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
If you have something in mind, then you can buy them yourself and just get a good electrician to fit them. I use Wellman Electrical who are very reliable.

Bought and installed the battery doorbell ( no previous electrical doorbell so can’t wire it up without a Professional..
Also bought Eufy floodlights and motion camera for rear of the property.

Which is now in place. But needs wiring in as there wasn’t a previous outside light.
But do have a light and two sockets inside the shed, which it’s mounted on.

Can’t see any specific specs on the power requirements. I take it sticking the ends of the power cable I bought into a 13Amp plug then into the existing mains isn’t recommended for the camera and lights that is??

Last edited:

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here