Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Average tank of fuel now over £100

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"The average cost of filling a typical family car with petrol has exceeded £100 for the first time, after prices at the pump hit yet another record high.

Figures from data firm Experian Catalist show the average price of a litre of petrol at UK forecourts reached a record 182.3p on Wednesday.

March’s 5p fuel duty cut now looks paltry as wholesale petrol costs have already increased by five times that amount since the Spring Statement (25p)."

Soon driving will be too expensive for those who are struggling.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
On Tuesday night I filled up my car as always pay at pump. The fuel suddenly clicked off when I was not full and I realised I had hit 99 quid which is maximum allowed on pay at pump!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I recently bought a 2 year old family saloon, it had a 40 litre tank! So I probably won’t be hitting the £100 tank for a while.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I got nearly a tenners worth in my scooter the other day, I can remember filling it up for £1.35.

Given most people drive unnecessarily I couldn't give a flying **** if it doubles again.

however everything we buy and eat has been transported and delivered in fuel guzzling lorries and vans, there is no other way any more. . . . . the knock on is starting to take effect and hit those least able to absorb it.

Levelling up I suppose

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
It’s a good job we’ve got this Conservative government in charge. With their outstanding record of financial competence, they’re bound to offer a swift and meaningful resolution to this crisis engulfing Britain’s hard-working commuters.

[emoji849]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I got nearly a tenners worth in my scooter the other day, I can remember filling it up for £1.35.

Given most people drive unnecessarily I couldn't give a flying **** if it doubles again.

however everything we buy and eat has been transported and delivered in fuel guzzling lorries and vans, there is no other way any more. . . . . the knock on is starting to take effect and hit those least able to absorb it.

Levelling up I suppose

I’ve always been keen on spending as less of my hard earned as possible on fuel…but don’t have an alternative re my work ..these increases are getting a tad annoying to say the least

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Levelling up I suppose

As a taxi driver it’s killing me
Yes I know I can and have increased prices twice already this year but I’m spending over a £1000 more on diesel for the same amount of work . Unnecessary or not for some of us it’s tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Was thinking this earlier in the week whilst out walking the dog in the morning. Saw so many kids getting lifts to school when it's definitely walkable. Do kids not walk to school any more? I used love walking to and from school, it was the best bit of the day.

The trouble is there are people who genuinely need to use their cars to get about. Pre covid I had a 120 mile round trip a day to the office. I was filling up twice a week. If I was still doing that I would be seriously considering going fully electric now.

I filled up last Monday at 1.68, the following day it was 1.72. Last night when I went past it was 1.77. Mental increase in 9 days.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
2011 Brent crude at $133/barrel - petrol at £1.29/Ltr
2022 Brent crude at $123/barrel - petrol at £1.85/ltr. 56p more

Meanwhile, Shell and BP announce record quarterly profit.

The £ has fallen 10% in value against the $ this year, can’t for the life of me think why.

It’s not rocket science.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The government still haven't changed the mileage tax relief for business use either, last changed over two years ago.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Yup, greed and corruption, the past 2 years has seen the biggest shift in wealth ever.

Even going to cosco and getting the cheaper stuff I still have to go twice to fill up my landrover with the £99 max fill pay at pump policy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Over £9 per gallon.

:facepalm:

Sort it out, Johnson. Join the EEA ( Call it a new common market if you like ) and watch the pound gain value vs the dollar and cost of fuel.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Good for the climate though. Demand destruction is what is needed.

doesnt get said enough. this is a consequence of decades of policy and was an intended eventual outcome. its just happend more abruptly that anticipated.

if we go into autumn with Ukraine war unresolved and embargo of Russian oil, expect it to go far higher (seen estimates of $300 a barrel).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
2011 Brent crude at $133/barrel - petrol at £1.29/Ltr
2022 Brent crude at $123/barrel - petrol at £1.85/ltr. 56p more

Meanwhile, Shell and BP announce record quarterly profit.

The £ has fallen 10% in value against the $ this year, can’t for the life of me think why.

It’s not rocket science.

That is simply disgusting, how are they allowed to get away with that, has transportation of the oil gone up so much that is the reason ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That is simply disgusting, how are they allowed to get away with that, has transportation of the oil gone up so much that is the reason ?

inflation and cost of refinement have gone up, also $ is stronger (and price peaked about 126 in 2011, mostly $10-15 lower). it looks a lot but its similar across Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here