Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Lewis Dunk Brighton's greatest ever player ?

Is Dunk the Albion's greatest ever player

• Yes he is

Votes: 52 51.0%
  • Another couple of seasons at the top level

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Another 4-5 seasons at the top level

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No he won't make it

Votes: 25 24.5%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Getting close, it will be a sad day when he retires...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope he sees out his already fantastic career with us.

15 or more years, bar a few months all in the top 2 divisions, will make Lewis the most iconic Albion player ever imho. Enhanced by being Brighton born n bred.

[The antithesis of Hove Born And Bred].

People will talk about 29 game Vicente … talent with the ball and an illustrious career years before, is a different thing altogether.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have you been watching the Albion since 1901 then?

Because unless you have, you will never know the answer to your question.
This ! For me, honorable mentions for Nobby, Wardie, Fozzie and Bobster....very difficult to compare eras.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. There have been many players who have been great for us - I wouldn't even attempt to name them all, because there'll be some before my time that I never knew about. Even in my time there are lots of greats - but to try and pick out one as the greatest? Nah ..... daft idea.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This ! For me, honorable mentions for Nobby, Wardie, Fozzie and Bobster....very difficult to compare eras.

As pointed out above, I saw all these through their primes in the lower divisions and occasionally in the lower echelons of the top division, hence my vote.

I don't know anyone before 66, but if we all agreed on NSC, it wouldn't last long :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I find Man City and Liverpool frightening and beyond anything I could have imagined in the last 50 years of watching football. It's been proven that on a good day we take points off them and for the rest of the whole premier league we are disappointed if we don't get something.

This is a team that is captained by a lad from Hurst and yet people want to claim that someone who spent a few years in a lower division at a far lower level of football was better than someone has played nearly 400 games, taking us through the divisions to the best standard of football I have ever seen.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I find Man City and Liverpool frightening and beyond anything I could have imagined in the last 50 years of watching football. It's been proven that on a good day we take points off them and for the rest of the whole premier league we are disappointed if we don't get something.

This is a team that is captained by a lad from Hurst and yet people want to claim that someone who spent a few years in a lower division at a far lower level of football was better than someone has played nearly 400 games, taking us through the divisions to the best standard of football I have ever seen.

Exactly.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Dunk is the best player i've seen for us.

The consistency over so many years has been remarkable.

I've got a feeling we've got a few more good years of him yet and i'm certainly not ruling out seeing the glorious sight of him lifting a major trophy for us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only if he carries on to become our successful manager like Charlie Webb.

Or if he goes on to manage a team that wins the League Championship? That'll be some achievement if he can ever equal it!

.........or goes on to (caretaker) manage England, or manage Manchester United ....... or takes a club from the fourth tier to the first ............

It's amazing what ex-Albion players have gone on to achieve! Frank Lampard's Wayne Rooney's Lewis Dunk's Derby County anyone?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe greatest ever red card collector.

Not sure he gets into an Albion all time side currently.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or if he goes on to manage a team that wins the League Championship? That'll be some achievement if he can ever equal it!

.........or goes on to (caretaker) manage England, or manage Manchester United ....... or takes a club from the fourth tier to the first ............

It's amazing what ex-Albion players have gone on to achieve! Frank Lampard's Wayne Rooney's Lewis Dunk's Derby County anyone?

I’m not talking about exaggerated fantasies, but a player who achieved both roles well for the Albion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This sort of thread.....is the best ever thread! What do you think? Let's have a poll!

(I think that may be my best ever post. What do you think? Let's have a poll!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here