Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Bucket list items you're never going to achieve

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is items the right word in this context?

Anyway, ten years ago I made a list of 155 things I wanted to do before dying. Some already happened, some are achievable, others are out of my reach such as:
- Killing a person. Would be very interesting obviously but I've grown milder with age and would struggle to do it no matter the situation.
- Slapping a midget. No sure what the **** they've done with all the midgets, nowhere to be seen these days.
- Buy Ericsson, tear down all the offices and restore the small water hole where I used to catch some kind of water lizard as a kid. There was a bit of worries around Ericsson at that time but its now looking difficult for me to save up enough cash to buy it.

You?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Visit England and see BHAFC live at the Amex.

Oh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well I've gently slapped a midget so there !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Playing cricket and football one more time.
Doing the ton on a motorbike.
Writing and recording a hit record/CD/download or whatever.
Shagging Kylie ............................... (other options considered!)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Going to space or an edge of space flight in either Mig-29 or U2 spy plane.
Own a Lamborghini Murcielago.
Drive said Lamborghini around either Suzuka, Monaco or the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
Be an extra in a Star Wars movie.
Bump uglies with Lucrezia Millarini and/or Ana Di Armas.
Punch Robbie Williams.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Come on for the Albion when a sudden virus decimates the first team squad.

(If truth's known I only stopped bringing my boots to games, just in case, halfway through the Withdean era :wink:)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
With the encouragement that the recent vehicles sent to Mars have successfully sent back data and pictures, I would love to visit the distant planet inhabited by GAP.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Come on for the Albion when a sudden virus decimates the first team squad.

(If truth's known I only stopped bringing my boots to games, just in case, halfway through the Withdean era :wink:)

A guy I know has a similar-ish story about playing for St Pauli. He was at uni in Hamburg and played for the 4th team which was basically a student team. The first team had a cup game and were fielding their reserves but had an injury crisis and had to look further down the pecking to the 3rd and 4th level to make up the numbers. As it was a cup game, and there was a possibility of drug testing, they asked all potential players if they’d smoked any weed in the past few weeks….many had but my mate hadn't and by default ended up on the bench for the game. In the lead by a big margin they put him on for the last 5 minutes. That was his St Pauli career.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Playing cricket and football one more time.
Doing the ton on a motorbike.
Writing and recording a hit record/CD/download or whatever.
Shagging Kylie ............................... (other options considered!)

I took a heap of wickets in my formative years for my team. But none for 19 years having barely walked on a pitch let alone bowled.

I was asked to play in a 20 over match and agreed as long as I didn't have to do anything too taxing.

I didn't want to attempt bowl as I struggle these days but I had a go.

Up I dollied the ball, down it came. The batsman got in a tangle and 19 years later I had my wicket. It must be some sort of record for the same team. All that time between wickets.

The best was yet to come. I joined a tour in Spain to score for the team and drink lots of wine. Often both together. On the last day I was asked onto the pitch as we were one short and about to lose. The team begged me to have a little bowl so I would have done something on the pitch. I reluctantly agreed. Coming on to bowl against an arrogant and talented batsman, I had nothing to lose. Up the ball dollied and he was selecting which town to hit it into. But he dithered too long. Down it came, past a late and hurried bat, and gently strolled towards the stumps in slow motion. The team erupted as if we had won the match. My favourite and most terrible wicket.

So do it, and folk will be grateful just to see you do it again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I took a heap of wickets in my formative years for my team. But none for 19 years having barely walked on a pitch let alone bowled.

I was asked to play in a 20 over match and agreed as long as I didn't have to do anything too taxing.

I didn't want to attempt bowl as I struggle these days but I had a go.

Up I dollied the ball, down it came. The batsman got in a tangle and 19 years later I had my wicket. It must be some sort of record for the same team. All that time between wickets.

The best was yet to come. I joined a tour in Spain to score for the team and drink lots of wine. Often both together. On the last day I was asked onto the pitch as we were one short and about to lose. The team begged me to have a little bowl so I would have done something on the pitch. I reluctantly agreed. Coming on to bowl against an arrogant and talented batsman, I had nothing to lose. Up the ball dollied and he was selecting which town to hit it into. But he dithered too long. Down it came, past a late and hurried bat, and gently strolled towards the stumps in slow motion. The team erupted as if we had won the match. My favourite and most terrible wicket.

So do it, and folk will be grateful just to see you do it again.
My dream scenario! :thumbsup:

Now, if you could just sort the Kylie one .............................

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is "items" the right way to express your obvious prior interest in killing a person? Hmmm :mad:

I mean number 1 on my list is shagging Margot Robbie. It certainly isn't becoming the next Hannibal Lector.. People are weird.

P. S If Margot is reading this, DMs are open.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here