Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Liv golf

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The USPGA have said they will life ban all competitors from their events.

Obviously that won't hold up in court, but it'll take a hell of a lot of time and money to overturn it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The USPGA have said they will life ban all competitors from their events.

Obviously that won't hold up in court, but it'll take a hell of a lot of time and money to overturn it.

Why will it not hold up in court? It's their competition so they make the rules.

However I don't believe they will ban them as they need the best players to play in the tournaments to keep getting the sponsorships

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why will it not hold up in court? It's their competition so they make the rules.

However I don't believe they will ban them as they need the best players to play in the tournaments to keep getting the sponsorships

They will ban them, but it won't hold up because the USPGA allow players to go back and forth between PGA and Far East Tours.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I hope it’s a glorious failure and when it crashes the players aren’t allowed back to any other tour. It would be great if Augusta didn't invite Dustbin and Garcia to next years Masters for example.

A bit like the greedy football teams who tried to breakaway to the ESL last year. The sportwashing element is something I don’t like about with the likes of the multi multi millionaires Dustbin. McDowell and Westwood ignoring it by just saying I’m doing what’s best for my family etc etc. I can certainly understand the likes of Bland, Fisher and plenty of other journeymen jumping ship for the £’s though as it's a chance to get a stackload of cash twelve times this year in small fields of poor quality..

The Saudi’s are a horrible regime and are certainly using sport to try and make people ignore what’s gone on and still going on in their country. The same can be said of Qatar, UAE etc. Some very awkward press conferences yesterday, the last of which was finished abrubtly because the LIV people didn't like the questions being asked. Na's mic was still on as he got up and said something like "that was uncomfortable" to his fellow golfers. Not as uncomfortable as the the journalist the Saudi'd cut up though, I guess.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
money-donaldduck.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
when it comes to putting from the rough, Liv Tyler is more my thing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The inaugural draft took place last night, some really exciting teams looking through it.

ACES - Dustin Johnson, Shaun Norris, Oliver Bekker, Kevin Yuan (Sweet Caroline)

HY FLYERS - Phil Mickelson, Justin Harding, TK Chantananuwat (a), Chase Koepka (I Gotta Feeling)

PUNCH - Wade Ormsby, Matt Jones, Ryosuke Kinoshita, Blake Windred (I'm gonna knock you out)

CLEEKS - Martin Kaymer, Pablo Larrazabal, JC Ritchie, Ian Snyman (From Paris to Berlin)

IRON HEADS - Kevin Na, Sadom Kaewkanjana, Hideto Tanihara, Viraj Madappa (Crazy Nights)

SMASH - Sihwan Kim, Scott Vincent, Jinichiro Kozuma, Itthipat Buranatanyarat (Song 2)

CRUSHERS - Peter Uihlein, Richard Bland, Phachara Khongwatmai, Travis Smyth (Celebrate Good Times)

MAJESTICKS - Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, Sam Horsfield, Laurie Canter (I'm Still Standing)

STINGER - Louis Oosthuizen, Hennie du Plessis, Charl Schwartzel, Branden Grace (Africa)

FIREBALLS - Sergio Garcia, David Puig (a), James Piot (a), Jediah Morgan (Voulez Vou)

NIBLICKS - Graeme McDowell, Bernd Wiesberger, Turk Pettit, Oliver Fisher (Beautiful Day)

TORQUE - Talor Gooch, Hudson Swafford, Adrian Otaegui, Andy Ogletree (Born in the USA)

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I hope it’s a glorious failure and when it crashes the players aren’t allowed back to any other tour. It would be great if Augusta didn't invite Dustbin and Garcia to next years Masters for example.

A bit like the greedy football teams who tried to breakaway to the ESL last year. The sportwashing element is something I don’t like about with the likes of the multi multi millionaires Dustbin. McDowell and Westwood ignoring it by just saying I’m doing what’s best for my family etc etc. I can certainly understand the likes of Bland, Fisher and plenty of other journeymen jumping ship for the £’s though as it's a chance to get a stackload of cash twelve times this year in small fields of poor quality..

The Saudi’s are a horrible regime and are certainly using sport to try and make people ignore what’s gone on and still going on in their country. The same can be said of Qatar, UAE etc. Some very awkward press conferences yesterday, the last of which was finished abrubtly because the LIV people didn't like the questions being asked. Na's mic was still on as he got up and said something like "that was uncomfortable" to his fellow golfers. Not as uncomfortable as the the journalist the Saudi'd cut up though, I guess.

I agree about the recent football breakaway.

With the prize money on offer I wouldn't be surprised if the limited number of participants didn't chop it up equally between them and go out on the course for a bit of fun.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Am not surprised at some of the Americans that are going (De Chambeau is apparently going too) but am very disappointed in the likes of Westwood, Garcia and Poulter, none of whom are exactly hard up. Ban them all from every other tour and the Majors, especially the Open.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Thought that Rory Mc spoke well in saying something like "it tends to end badly at the end of the day if it's all about money".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here