Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] National rail strike/over-reliance of rail transport to/from Amex Stadium.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
https://news.sky.com/story/thousand...in-june-in-biggest-strike-since-1989-12629509
If a National rail strike starts to expand into the football season then the club has a real problem, or more precisely the fans do. We all know too well how the Boxing day game was unreachable for many and the figures of attendance manipulated not reflecting real bums on seats. I was totally against the stadium being built at Falmer due to its over-reliance on transport by rail and we've seen many problems when they are running. But reduced or not at all is even worse. It woud be interesting to know if the club have any contingency plans in general as effectively this could happen at any time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
https://news.sky.com/story/thousand...in-june-in-biggest-strike-since-1989-12629509
If a National rail strike starts to expand into the football season then the club has a real problem, or more precisely the fans do. We all know too well how the Boxing day game was unreachable for many and the figures of attendance manipulated not reflecting real bums on seats. I was totally against the stadium being built at Falmer due to its over-reliance on transport by rail and we've seen many problems when they are running. But reduced or not at all is even worse. It woud be interesting to know if the club have any contingency plans in general as effectively this could happen at any time.

Were you? Were you really?

Where would you have put it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Let me stop you there.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If you were a Brighton fan who wanted a new ground then yes, yes it was.

Not if you were a Brighton fan with a shit website and a plan for the stadium to be built in another part of Sussex that looked like it had been sketched by a 5 year old.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Not if you were a Brighton fan with a shit website and a plan for the stadium to be built in another part of Sussex that looked like it had been sketched by a 5 year old.

:lolol:

I genuinely don't think [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] wanted a ground full stop. It might be the only time the mental case has had any attention at all.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was totally against the stadium being built at Falmer due to its over-reliance on transport by rail.

Oh my days :lolol:

I was against the introduction of the sit down toilet because of its over-reliance of shitting out my arse.

I now open this thread to ideas of:

I was totally against the ____________ due to its over-reliance on __________.

Over to you !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I was totally against the introduction of sliced bread due to its over-reliance on sharp edges.

I was totally against the wheel due to its over-reliance on geometry and science.

I was totally against the hamburger due to its over-reliance on bread, meat, cheese and sauce.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was totally against the election of Boris Johnson due to its over-reliance on a fop-haired bungle**** running the country.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’d say 8pm KO was the deal breaker …as regards to the bit about being against the stadium at Falmer :facepalm:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Seem to recall first game of the season v Forest a few years back there were no trains and they laid on loads lf buses. It can work but needs planning. And a LOT of buses.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was totally against the introduction of sliced bread due to its over-reliance on sharp edges.

I was totally against the wheel due to its over-reliance on geometry and science.

I was totally against the hamburger due to its over-reliance on bread, meat, cheese and sauce.

In 1745 there was a farmer on the south downs who proved how dangers round wheels were. He declared that the carts with round wheels had a propensity to roll down hills whereas the carts he fitted with square ones were perfectly stable and safe!!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Falmer was ONLY viable with better varied transport links but it wasnt built on that basis. Needed massive car parks, non on the stupid parking restrictions, needed Falmer stn upgrade expansion and far far far more trains and carriages. Needed more facilities outside stadium. Needed to have modular design not what got stuck with whereby cant built on in all areas. Too restrictive. No hotel no shops no bars outside no toilets and over reliant on few walking options. Yeah wrong place in form was built. Poorly designed with short sighted vision. Waterhall and new station was far better option.

theboybilly

Falmer was ONLY viable with better varied transport links but it wasnt built on that basis. Needed massive car parks, non on the stupid parking restrictions, needed Falmer stn upgrade expansion and far far far more trains and carriages. Needed more facilities outside stadium. Needed to have modular design not what got stuck with whereby cant built on in all areas. Too restrictive. No hotel no shops no bars outside no toilets and over reliant on few walking options. Yeah wrong place in form was built. Poorly designed with short sighted vision. Waterhall and new station was far better option.

Do you live in Patcham?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I am not sure how you do it but with each post you do you manage to make yourself look an even bigger dick than the previous

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here