Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Germany v England

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Decent game to bounce back from the Hungary game.

Win over there and should silence the moans again.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Happy if we win a free kick the way they are being coached to play.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im liking the look of the England line-up for tonight's game tbh....

_119488322_ryn304.jpg

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is a fixture which makes me think first of the possibility of another off the pitch national humiliation, caused by a bunch of coked up idiots living in some kind of parallel universe where they feel like they need to liberate old England from the hun, by lobbing beer glasses at school kids before putting out their arms to imitate a WW2 aircraft.

By that measure humiliation on the football pitch seems nowhere near as bad

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Our last 12 results against Germany, going back to Euro 96:

5 wins, 1 draw, 6 defeats(including the pk shoot out loss in 96).

Those five wins have come at Euro 2000, Qualifying for W.C 2002, Euro 2020 and a couple of friendlies.

Germany's wins have come at Euro 96(on pens), W.C 2002 qualifying, W.C 2010 and three friendlies.

England's biggest win was 5-1 in world cup qualifying. Germany's was 4-1 in the world cup last 16.

Other than those two games the only time there has been more than one goal either way in the game was when England beat Germany 2-0 in Euro 2020.

Suggests that the game will be pretty even whichever way it goes and if it is a blow out that'll be the exception rather than the rule. But all the blowhards who love moaning and mocking feel free to carry on showing off your ignorance.:thumbsup:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
This is a fixture which makes me think first of the possibility of another off the pitch national humiliation, caused by a bunch of coked up idiots living in some kind of parallel universe where they feel like they need to liberate old England from the hun, by lobbing beer glasses at school kids before putting out their arms to imitate a WW2 aircraft.

By that measure humiliation on the football pitch seems nowhere near as bad

Seven England fans were arrested in Munich on Monday, including three for making a Nazi salute.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Im liking the look of the England line-up for tonight's game tbh....

View attachment 148644

I once won 3rd prize and a free team ( BHA Obvs) from Beatties for designing a subbutteo kit, which was very similar to this.

1st prize and They made a team with your design on it.

I think I painted my own in the end.:rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes, Blühe, deutsches Vaterland!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here