• Green

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 4.9%

• Total voters

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
In this fairer than fair electoral system we have, I’ll be in reality voting for a local representative who can change party if he/she wants (a la Christian Wakeford) or even try and oust the Prime Minister who I was really voting for in the first place.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lib Dem as the only realistic(!) team to unseat the Tory, but that’s hugely unlikely

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Labour will win round here with an increased majority, so under our system it's a mildly pointless question for me.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
No farce. Voted Tory and will do again proud. Best PM country has had. Majority back him. Labour become even more irrelevant as the backbench can keep BJ in check..Happy days.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Too early to say, I generally don’t vote as I believe in proportional representation, Boris is clearly a red flag, but Kier is so lame, and uncharacteristic.
I want passion and someone or a party that is fair, not for the boys or for the union.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I will be voting for Caroline Lucas.

If I was elsewhere, it would be anyone who had a chance of beating the Tory candidate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No farce. Voted Tory and will do again proud. Best PM country has had. Majority back him. Labour become even more irrelevant as the backbench can keep BJ in check..Happy days.

You sound like a sensible sort of chap. May I interest you in shares in the South Sea Bubble?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Too early to say, I generally don’t vote as I believe in proportional representation, Boris is clearly a red flag, but Kier is so lame, and uncharacteristic.
I want passion and someone or a party that is fair, not for the boys or for the union.

Sounds fair enough to me. ???

(Shhhh! I'm voting so I'll be one up!)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sounds fair enough to me. ???

(Shhhh! I'm voting so I'll be one up!)

You know what I mean, general elections, your not actually voting for a leader are you, your voting for a party and in some cases it’s a waste of time if you live in certain areas, as a particular party nearly always gets in there.
I don’t know how to express it better, sorry

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think Labour will outright win an election anytime soon, best chance is a coalition with the Lib Dem's.

Not enough. Need to rely on SNP on a bill by bill basis.

Blair went into the 97 GE election at 48% in the polls (hopeless Major, despite a very late affection on nsc these days, was loathed by both Labour voters and half the Tory party) and took 56 of the 72 Scottish seats. The SNP were a non entity, today they’ve Scotland wrapped up.

Starmer’s Labour are at 40% in the polls.

The LibDems are at 12% in the polls now, at 16% in May 1997.

Any non-Tory government in Nov 2024 will need Ian Blackford’s support (Sturgeon pulling the strings).

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday (pops mouth twice) Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable (whinnying) Arthur Norman Michael (blows squeaker) Featherstone Smith (whistle) Northcott Edwards Harris (fires pistol, then 'whoop') Mason (chuff-chuff-chuff-chuff) Frampton Jones Fruitbat Gilbert (sings) 'We'll keep a welcome in the' (three shots) Williams If I Could Walk That Way Jenkin (squeaker) Tiger-drawers Pratt Thompson (sings) 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' Darcy Carter (horn) Pussycat (sings) 'Don't Sleep In The Subway' Barton Mainwaring (hoot, 'whoop') Smith

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

As a Tory, what qualities would you say make him superior to Thatcher or Churchill ?

Just asking for about everyone in the country, including Tory voters.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Liberal Democrats if I vote here in Wealden (re-registered here since I moved back permanently following my father's death in 2017). Labour if I vote again in Battersea (unlikely). This goes against my natural inclination as a One Nation Conservative for most of my life, but I just can't tolerate the current Government, or the notion that if one didn't support Johnson's daft Brexit policy one wasn't welcome. No-one in the Cabinet gives me confidence, apart from possibly Ben Wallace. If Tobias Ellwood became leader, I would most likely return, but he's probably blown it (that's if he wants the job - he'd probably back Hunt or Tugendhat) by advocating a return to the Single Market (absolutely the best way forward in my view).

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You know what I mean, general elections, your not actually voting for a leader are you, your voting for a party and in some cases it’s a waste of time if you live in certain areas, as a particular party nearly always gets in there.
I don’t know how to express it better, sorry
I'm totally with you. I've never lived in a constituency where the result was a forgone conclusion.

I'd like to see a second preference system. If its good enough for London Mayor I don't see the problem for general election.

The current system is nonsense.

Not only are the votes for the losers wasted, but as big a problem is the votes for the winner beyond the plus one they need to get are "wasted" too.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here