Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Laughably bad music that makes 'Music' by John Miles sound good

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just stumbled across this abomination after taking a careless wrong turn while music surfing....anyone run across anything recently that stinks worse that this (and no posting of any of my recent 'best track of the day' post. if that's all the same, (you know who you are, etc. :wink:)?

Burn my ears off with a hot rusty knife :eek: The essential ingredient here is sincerity.

https://youtu.be/u_fR5OHnlYU

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I used to love the John Miles track, although I was about seven.

Mind you, it is on a Spotify list I created...

Not sure why you chose that as a comparison, but, yes, the above is pure cringe.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
That is pretty awful, but surely no more awful than anything you'd hear each year at Eurovision? There is some absolute nonsense churned out for that shite.
Just put Eurovision into YouTube and Shirley there's a veritable smorgasbord of tripe on offer.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I just stumbled across this abomination after taking a careless wrong turn while music surfing....anyone run across anything recently that stinks worse that this (and no posting of any of my recent 'best track of the day' post. if that's all the same, (you know who you are, etc. :wink:)?

Burn my ears off with a hot rusty knife :eek: The essential ingredient here is sincerity.

This must be some sort of elaborate joke. "Time stretches like taffy"...surely no-one wrote that seriously!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I quite liked his hit choon "Children" from 1996.

el punal

Holy f***!! I got to 50 seconds of that pile of elephant’s shit. If I didn’t know any better it sounds like the B side of the ‘Glory of Reading’. Mind you, John Miles’ Music was enough to send you rushing to the bogs too.

I hope you have recovered and back to your old self. :ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I used to love the John Miles track, although I was about seven.

Mind you, it is on a Spotify list I created...

Not sure why you chose that as a comparison, but, yes, the above is pure cringe.

Just a personal thing. In a rock musician I don't expect nicely brushed hair, a guitarist who occasionally reaches over to strike Lloyd Webberesque chords on a piano, then, eyes closed, up towards a fasetto: "Music is my first love!", while wearing a sort of romper suit.

A similar cringe for me is "Dear Music" by Mahogany Rush. I won't try to post it as there is a risk my laptop may vomit.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Movies, TV shows, video games... all of that can be laughably bad. Music? Rarely if ever. Either it is good or it isn't worth my time.

That said, there's been the odd occasions. I always found Bruce Willis stuff pretty funny considering it is just so far out of his Die Hardian element. It is aging well however and most of his tracks arguably represents his current state of mind...

But I remember laughing out loud to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFz2gVItjc

The original track is obviously excellent but the guitar playing in this live version sounds hilariously awful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Movies, TV shows, video games... all of that can be laughably bad. Music? Rarely if ever. Either it is good or it isn't worth my time.

That said, there's been the odd occasions. I always found Bruce Willis stuff pretty funny considering it is just so far out of his Die Hardian element. It is aging well however and most of his tracks arguably represents his current state of mind...

But I remember laughing out loud to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFz2gVItjc

The original track is obviously excellent but the guitar playing in this live version sounds hilariously awful.

I remember when the original came out (I was 3 or 4 years old), and it was the first bit of music that mesmerized me. That live version sounds a bit naff, but the guitar was pretty much supposed to sound like that - tinny and staccato. The drumming does sound rather odd, though. I'm not sure that duff live versions of good studio-recorded ttracks counts, though. Anything live from the 1980s by Toyah or Hazel O'connor would also sound ludicrous. Look up Toyah doing 'mystery' live. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh great another musical gatekeeping thread. And no i don't like the track you posted.

Well...you opened it :shrug:

It's isn't as if you are unfamiliar with my threads, or music posts, is it ?

So let's not start being silly again. ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Burn your ears off with a hot rusty knife you say?

Try Lonnie Holley.

I heard a piece by him on Late Junction on Friday night. I know he's meant to be 'difficult' listening, but he was so difficult I had to turn the radio off as it was making me feel ill. His voice just cut right through me.

I'd be interested to see what you think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Burn your ears off with a hot rusty knife you say?

Try Lonnie Holley.

I heard a piece by him on Late Junction on Friday night. I know he's meant to be 'difficult' listening, but he was so difficult I had to turn the radio off as it was making me feel ill. His voice just cut right through me.

I'd be interested to see what you think.

Thanks. I just had a listen to 'I woke up' while eating my chicken soup. Yes, I would class that, from a perspective of personal preference, as unlistenable, owing to the grating vocal and mannered artfulness. It is not in the ludicrously demented category, like the track in the first post though: a track to not be played, for the first time, while eating chicken soup :eek:. At the end of the day, unintentional comedy is probably where I'm dwelling on this thread. I won't post any more tracks - the one is enough. However, I'm enjoying the various suggestions. :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For 'unintentional comedy', I'll go with the two pissed up karaoke kings, again :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here