Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England players taking the knee causing more problems than it solves

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very sad by an over officious MOD to put a football thread into the ‘Bear Pit’ but let’s a politician thread run & run in the main thread.
Tory meltdown coming.

The meltdown thread is current and constantly evolving news thread with events being updated almost hourly.

Taking the knee is and always has been an open and shut topic in which debate was going round in circles and stagnating. It certainly didn’t need yet another thread.

It’s not been cancelled, it’s here in the pit for those who wish to endlessly rehash the same divisive debate.

Best place for it IMO.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just a last comment to [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION]. I have no issue with you but was, as Clampy suggests, somewhat surprised that this dead cat had been given another bounce.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
considering the game was supposed to be behind closed doors shirley the Hungarians need further sanctions for indoctrinating their under 14's to an extent that they boo what should be their heroes for taking the knee.............taking the knee..?? meh ...?? not for Viktor...!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very sad by an over officious MOD to put a football thread into the ‘Bear Pit’ but let’s a politician thread run & run in the main thread.
Tory meltdown coming.

No, it's about the tenth "knee" thread and all the others are in here too.

If I can be bothered I'll probably merge this with the first one.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just playing devil's advocate but could it only really just be creating more of a divide than actually achieving anything, though? Do you think that through players taking the knee one person has thought OK maybe I should stop being racist? I'm not sure..? Happy to be proved wrong of course

all it does is underline that the F.A and FiFA are intent on kicking racism out of the game whilst allowing a game that was supposed to be behind closed doors to go ahead with an audience of apparent little racists , allowing murderous , restrictive regimes to own Premier League clubs and holding the world cup in a country where being gay can get you locked up and women have to have their entire bodies covered in public.........hypocri$y anyone...?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Unless I'm mistaken, the only problem is causes is that it makes people who boo it because they cling to the debunked BLM nonsense or actual racists to feel uncomfortable as it's highlights them specifically.

On a personal note, I have no problem with it. It's 5 seconds at the beginning of a football match in which more time will be spent telling a player to "move back" for a throw in than this. Now, that irritates me. Highlighting racism, less so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
all it does is underline that the F.A and FiFA are intent on kicking racism out of the game whilst allowing a game that was supposed to be behind closed doors to go ahead with an audience of apparent little racists , allowing murderous , restrictive regimes to own Premier League clubs and holding the world cup in a country where being gay can get you locked up and women have to have their entire bodies covered in public.........hypocri$y anyone...?

Hipocrisy sure, but not by the players.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Controversial, but has taking the knee caused more problems than solving the issue?

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/england-..._Pqc9X_wyNZqJRIDkpeBiLIAtFUaWnUFvyib0Hs8_4ups

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290864228967886/permalink/835414364512867/

Apparently all the captains in the Prem are going to take a vote at the beginning of the next season!

As it hasn't solved ANY problems so far, what's the point? An entirely empty gesture.Well done to the Hungarian kids.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Taking the knee thing is utterly pointless as it will result in absolutely nothing, but that doesnt make it a "problem".

The problem here is not the knee but the racism. But obviously, there's plenty of people in society that wants the knee taking to be the issue in these scenarios quite simply because they would like to be allowed to be a little bit more racist, for whatever reason.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Football players are within the top percentile of the top 1%, they could easily create scholarship funds to help underprivileged black children to attend the same schools they send their own kids to.

No doubt some football players donate money to worthy causes, if they can collectively kneel, they can collectively organise themselves to donate on that basis. One of these gestures will make a genuine difference to the apparent structural disadvantage of under privileged black children, one will not.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Taking the knee thing is utterly pointless as it will result in absolutely nothing, but that doesnt make it a "problem".

The problem here is not the knee but the racism. But obviously, there's plenty of people in society that wants the knee taking to be the issue in these scenarios quite simply because they would like to be allowed to be a little bit more racist, for whatever reason.

If it’s “societal” it should be prevalent as a gesture in all sports, the arts and other forms of mass entertainment………but it’s not, and there is no outrage that it’s not.

As the European matches (international and UEFA cup matches) indicate its not prevalent as a gesture before matches in Europe either.

Like you I think it’s meaningless, and a cop out by some of the most privileged in society……….they should put their money where their knees are first.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anything that winds up, highlights and causes racists to actually 'out' themselves at matches and on social media is good by me :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

hmmmm, fair comment but i think my statement also stands......it's a ****ing joke considering the money involved and the transition from fans attending the WC from working/middle class football fans to upper /middle/toff class attending just to say they were there ....my attitude towards Qatar is you can put it down your unflushable toilet on the end of a stick ...cheers.xx

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Anything that winds up, highlights and causes racists to actually 'out' themselves at matches and on social media is good by me :thumbsup:

did you see the vids from Paris ..? what did you think ..?? largely white crowd being attacked/robbed by largely African crowd....?? justice..?? deserved..??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
hmmmm, fair comment but i think my statement also stands......it's a ****ing joke considering the money involved and the transition from fans attending the WC from working/middle class football fans to upper /middle/toff class attending just to say they were there ....my attitude towards Qatar is you can put it down your unflushable toilet on the end of a stick ...cheers.xx

Fair point. No arguments.

Will you be watching any games? I must confess I'd like to boycott it, but with eff-all esle to do that time of year, I will find it hard to not do so.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Fair point. No arguments.

Will you be watching any games? I must confess I'd like to boycott it, but with eff-all esle to do that time of year, I will find it hard to not do so.
i will watch when convenient , whilst tending my cabinoid crop and ensuring stock rotation of my beer and wine collection ......there is little else in football that gets my nuts buzzing like the blue and white stripes , as a 58 year old hooligan i have very little in common with todays international set up , although i will support them as long as they are in the comp as i will Wales and would have supported either of the Irish teams or Scotland.....like every other aspect of life the game has been ruined by men in suits , with clipboards , pointy shoes and silly hair cuts .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i will watch when convenient , whilst tending my cabinoid crop and ensuring stock rotation of my beer and wine collection ......there is little else in football that gets my nuts buzzing like the blue and white stripes , as a 58 year old hooligan i have very little in common with todays international set up , although i will support them as long as they are in the comp as i will Wales and would have supported either of the Irish teams or Scotland.....like every other aspect of life the game has been ruined by men in suits , with clipboards , pointy shoes and silly hair cuts .

Top man. I salute you.

Greeyjoy

Apr 25, 2022
Sport fans can be crazy in many cases but not all. I am fan on soccer and watch this kind of sport. From recent times I got interest in cryptocurrency betting site and tips of earn some coins or money. Picking the best mobile application comes down to personal preference. The best bet is to use the applicationmoffered by your regular betting site because it is already coming from a trusted provider. However, there may be fraudulent ones bearing the same name as your provider.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here