Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So one ends, another one starts.

Fixtures may not be out until July for our leagues, but the friendlies are coming in already.

Whitehawk have the odd juicy local ones...

1.jpg

Worthing and Newhaven. Might see some NSCers there.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Come on the Hastingas!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hello again all. I think that the lack of a summer World Cup means I'm more likely to be neck deep in pre season friendlies. Combined with the fact that The Pan is out of action I'm probably going to be spreading myself around Sussex. Definitely visiting Woodside and I quite fancy a trip to Hastings as well

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Hello again all. I think that the lack of a summer World Cup means I'm more likely to be neck deep in pre season friendlies. Combined with the fact that The Pan is out of action I'm probably going to be spreading myself around Sussex. Definitely visiting Woodside and I quite fancy a trip to Hastings as well

If you’re doing a spot of GroundHopping and haven’t before, I’d strongly recommend a summers game at Arundel. Just excellent

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m going to watch a lot more of Worthing next season….. There are 3 or 4 of our group of about 12 - who haven’t renewed for one reason or another at The Albion - so if I fancy a beer whilst watching the match…….looks good.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Worthing have just signed Jake Robinson

If that’s the kind of signing that Worthing are aiming for then they won’t be just making up the numbers next season.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
If you’re doing a spot of GroundHopping and haven’t before, I’d strongly recommend a summers game at Arundel. Just excellent

I’ll second that emulsion, went there with Peacehaven a few years back. Lovely ground. (Got pissed and fell out of the doors of the mini bus in the car park of The Good Companions when we got back, and cut my face open. Funny what you remember)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m going to watch a lot more of Worthing next season….. There are 3 or 4 of our group of about 12 - who haven’t renewed for one reason or another at The Albion - so if I fancy a beer whilst watching the match…….looks good.

I’m sure this was discussed on the last thread but can’t remember the outcome, can you drink pitchside Conference South?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I’m sure this was discussed on the last thread but can’t remember the outcome, can you drink pitchside Conference South?

You can but a lot of clubs don’t. Whether that’s the decision of them/local authority/ground owners I’m not sure. I went to a friendly at Worthing with only 800 in attendance and felt an effort getting served so isn’t 2k each week going to be tricky?

Be interesting to see whether they bother

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here