Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
To anybody that went What was Worthing v Eastbourne game like
Good cup tie in front of 1,400 crowd.

Worthing started better and deservedly took the lead when lanky kiddy with big hair came in from the left wing and curled a nice shot inside the far post.

Seemed to even out a bit after the goal and Borough got back on terms before the interval thanks to a sharp turn and shot inside the box.

Visitors came out stronger in the second half and applied pressure. Leone Gravata (he's one of our own) produced a brilliant solo effort to put Sports 2-1 up and the defence held out despite a couple of late scares.

Great result for EBFC ending Worthing's excellent recent run of results. Not sure which one of the home players was Ian Hart's Funeral Services Man of the Match - suspect it was the aforementioned goalscorer.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Worthing started better and deservedly took the lead when lanky kiddy with big hair came in from the left wing and curled a nice shot inside the far post.

Seemed to even out a bit after the goal and Borough got back on terms before the interval thanks to a sharp turn and shot inside the box.

Visitors came out stronger in the second half and applied pressure. Leone Gravata (he's one of our own) produced a brilliant solo effort to put Sports 2-1 up and the defence held out despite a couple of late scares.

Great result for EBFC ending Worthing's excellent recent run of results. Not sure which one of the home players was Ian Hart's Funeral Services Man of the Match - suspect it was the aforementioned goalscorer.

Did you get your free Pen old boy?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Did you get your free Pen old boy?
Unfortunately not.

(But I would like to take the chance to share gratitude for something very different from you which was my experience of your leadership during events at the back of the West Stand after the "Case Out!" Darlington match...).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Unfortunately not.

(But I would like to take the chance to share gratitude for something very different from you which was my experience of your leadership during events at the back of the West Stand after the "Case Out!" Darlington match...).

Thank you dear boy, if you’re ever passing the office please call in and pick one up 👍

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 1-1 Newhaven

Slightly strange but entertaining game. Crowborough by far the better side for the first half hour and deservedly took the lead with a cracker of a goal from about 25 yards out. Newhaven had a lad sin binned and went down to 10 which turned the game but not in the way you'd expect. Newhaven became much more compact which seemed to expose some of the holes Crowborough were leaving at the back. Newhaven got the equaliser just before halftime.

Second half was Newhaven attack against Crowborough defence but the former couldn't break down the latter. Couple of incidents towards the end of the game firstly the Crowborough skipper got a nasty whack to the head. From where I was stood it didn't look like there was any malice in it and I assume that was the case given the reactions of the players as well. Then in stoppage time Newhaven had a penalty shout. Looked from my viewpoint the lad made the most of a bit of contact and managed to stay on his feet until he got to the box before falling over. However other fellas who I spoke to in the bar afterwards who were on the other side (but the view the ref would have had) thought it was a nailed on pen. Would have been harsh on Crowborough as they had defended solidly for the entire second half.

From what I've seen so far Newhaven looked a decent side and I think will probably be there or thereabouts. The asian lad playing full back (who buys his shin pads from the same place as Gastón Ramírez) looked quality as did the 7.

I don't like slagging refs off as I know it's a tough job but......once again I thought the standard of officiating was poor. From what I've seen so far this season the standard of the officials compared to SCEFL is noticeably worse.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
BBH 1 - HORSHAM YMCA 1

SCFL Premier

Good game - BBH could / should have been 3 or 4 up by halftime, but the YM keeper was outstanding.

Different story second half, YM made some subs and got a deserved equaliser from a penalty.

BBH will be there or thereabouts I would imagine - pretty physical and strong - just need a striker who can finish.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

That'll be Lewis White ... good goal ...

[tweet]1576852178014244864[/tweet]

I missed the game as I was at Anfield :ascarf: ... but from what I've read on Worthing forum, Eastbourne deserved to go through to the next round.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Good news about saltdean utd getting planning permission for a new club house artificial pitch & new stand

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Wasn't able to get to the Amex last weekend due to train strikes in my week back home which was a shame, but I managed to catch Eastbourne Borough dismantling Weymouth 5-1 which could've been a lot more. Not sure of the attendance but it did look like quite a few, as U16s now go free (although adults are more expensive this season, probably to compensate) which quite a few were there.

Bars around the stadium is also making it a great visit and well worth watching NLS action whilst having a pint pitchside.

Seemingly Weymouth were without a few key players as when I asked the keeper if the bloke was their regular left back, he turned around and said "no, thank god." A long afternoon for him. Even after going a goal down, Borough always looked in control.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wasn't able to get to the Amex last weekend due to train strikes in my week back home which was a shame, but I managed to catch Eastbourne Borough dismantling Weymouth 5-1 which could've been a lot more. Not sure of the attendance but it did look like quite a few, as U16s now go free (although adults are more expensive this season, probably to compensate) which quite a few were there.

Attendance 1048

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Cup run over already 2 0 at Chelmsford, shots manager sacked last night . Awful athletics stadium ground flat standing . Top top city for a beer or 2 though

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Did anyone go to Three Bridges? I’m curious how many Hereford were there. Initially I was surprised it was being played The Jubilee Field so therefore I was equally supervised there were less than 800 there (however still a good earner for them)

I went to Peacehaven v Uckfield, lost 4 nil, so nothing to mention except while on the subject of crowds, apparently it was just shy of 400 so not too bad

I went to Three Bridges v Hereford and I’d say there was about 200 Hereford there, which I thought was pretty good given the train strikes that day. Crawley also played at home that day, which is why I think the crowd wasn’t above 1,000. The bar ran out of 90% of beers & match programmes before the game, so I don’t think they was expecting even 800.
There was a marquee there though selling cold cans for £3, so wasn’t too bad.

I see Hereford won the last qualifier yesterday away at Bromley - good given they’re struggling in the NL North.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went up to South Shields v Scunthorpe on Saturday In the scunthorpe end with my old uni flatmate, some dire football played by them as they limped out the club. Real financial issues there at the moment, shame to see another football league club suffer at the hands of an asset stripping chairman.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
went to East Preston vs Shoreham on saturday...about 140 in attendance

Shoreham romped to a 2 goal lead fairly early on and looked comfortable. They massively took the foot off the gas and EP got one back against the run of play shortly before half time. They went on to equalise and at that point looked like the likely winners. With the momentum behind them their number 9 was through on goal in the penalty area and performed one of the shittest dives I've ever seen. He gets (rightly) booked and instantly subbed off. Was right in front of me and I heard him fully accept that it was a dive. I'd be livid if I was his team mate

The anger felt by the Shoreham players seemed to spur them on, and coupled with the inexplicable decision to sub off EP's captain (and best player by far) resulted in a shift in balance and Shoreham's brilliant left winger set up a 3rd goal for the visitors, before a well worked set piece routine rounded off the win.

Slightly surprised to see Shoreham down in the depths of the second tier of County football and they were by far the better side. EP not up to much....I'm still yet to see them win a game in person

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 2-3 Hassocks

Crows were quite frankly dreadful for 30 minutes and found themselves deservedly 2 down in no time at all. First one was slightly fortunate as the Hassock player shot from the edge of the box which was more danger to the corner flag than the goal but the Crowborough centre half stuck out a leg and directed past the keeper. The second was the most nailed on penalty you are ever likely to see. No complaints from anyone I don't think.

Crowborough then got a bit of break. John Sinclair found himself free in the middle of the goal with the keeper nowhere to be seen so had the most simplest of tap ins. That galvanized Crowborough and they finally started playing some football. Equaliser came after a great run from the wing he must have beat 3 or 4 players and once again got a bit of luck as he overran his touch past the last man but it went straight to Murrain who scored from 6 yards. 2-2 game on.

Just before the break Hassocks regained the lead. Good work from the winger who fired in low and hard and sadly the same lad who diverted the first goal in got his second own goal of the game.

Second half was quite scrappy. Crows were pressing for the equaliser but Hassocks looked good on the break. With about 10 to Hassock had a 1on1 with the keeper which saw the Crows keep take down the centre forward outside the box. Foul and red card we assumed but no only a yellow was given.

Whilst the Hassocks player was receiving treatment a call went out asking for a medic. We initially assumed the Hassock player was probably hurt more than we assumed but it then became apparent that there was an incident in the crowd. Absolute kudos to Hassocks number five a lad I now know to be called Brad Tighe. He ran the full length of the field to assist with the spectator who had suffered an epileptic fit.

The game resumed but it was a very strange subdued atmosphere for what remained.

The club were initially told it would be 2 hours for an ambulance for the lad who had the fit. I understand the aforementioned Mr Tighe was able somehow (not sure if he works for the ambulance service?) to get one there within 45 minutes so once again great stuff Brad!!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Shoreham romped to a 2 goal lead fairly early on and looked comfortable. They massively took the foot off the gas and EP got one back against the run of play shortly before half time. They went on to equalise and at that point looked like the likely winners. With the momentum behind them their number 9 was through on goal in the penalty area and performed one of the shittest dives I've ever seen. He gets (rightly) booked and instantly subbed off. Was right in front of me and I heard him fully accept that it was a dive. I'd be livid if I was his team mate

The anger felt by the Shoreham players seemed to spur them on, and coupled with the inexplicable decision to sub off EP's captain (and best player by far) resulted in a shift in balance and Shoreham's brilliant left winger set up a 3rd goal for the visitors, before a well worked set piece routine rounded off the win.

Slightly surprised to see Shoreham down in the depths of the second tier of County football and they were by far the better side. EP not up to much....I'm still yet to see them win a game in person
Very decent crowd that 140 in the 10th tier

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Crowborough 2-3 Hassocks

Crows were quite frankly dreadful for 30 minutes and found themselves deservedly 2 down in no time at all. First one was slightly fortunate as the Hassock player shot from the edge of the box which was more danger to the corner flag than the goal but the Crowborough centre half stuck out a leg and directed past the keeper. The second was the most nailed on penalty you are ever likely to see. No complaints from anyone I don't think.

Crowborough then got a bit of break. John Sinclair found himself free in the middle of the goal with the keeper nowhere to be seen so had the most simplest of tap ins. That galvanized Crowborough and they finally started playing some football. Equaliser came after a great run from the wing he must have beat 3 or 4 players and once again got a bit of luck as he overran his touch past the last man but it went straight to Murrain who scored from 6 yards. 2-2 game on.

Just before the break Hassocks regained the lead. Good work from the winger who fired in low and hard and sadly the same lad who diverted the first goal in got his second own goal of the game.

Second half was quite scrappy. Crows were pressing for the equaliser but Hassocks looked good on the break. With about 10 to Hassock had a 1on1 with the keeper which saw the Crows keep take down the centre forward outside the box. Foul and red card we assumed but no only a yellow was given.

Whilst the Hassocks player was receiving treatment a call went out asking for a medic. We initially assumed the Hassock player was probably hurt more than we assumed but it then became apparent that there was an incident in the crowd. Absolute kudos to Hassocks number five a lad I now know to be called Brad Tighe. He ran the full length of the field to assist with the spectator who had suffered an epileptic fit.

The game resumed but it was a very strange subdued atmosphere for what remained.

The club were initially told it would be 2 hours for an ambulance for the lad who had the fit. I understand the aforementioned Mr Tighe was able somehow (not sure if he works for the ambulance service?) to get one there within 45 minutes so once again great stuff Brad!!
Went to school with Brad, a nice lad and a good footballer. Good that he’s getting praise for his actions.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

I know Shoreham have made quite a few signings this year. Marcus Richmond who scored the third just joined from Peacehaven as he wasn't getting minutes. A mate of mine so I'll big him up, but he does score goals.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Went to school with Brad, a nice lad and a good footballer. Good that he’s getting praise for his actions.
His cousin, Connor, was at the Albion as a scholar. He's at Burgess Hill at the moment.

Those on the non-league circuit will know Jason Tighe. He's the uncle of both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here