Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Higher away ticket prices next season

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
We've come to the end of the season and with no confirmation of the £30 cap being renewed beyond This season, I'm assuming we might have to pay a lot more for away games next season.

Huge shame if this is the case, our away support recently has been dwindling a little bit so this could shatter the away attendances for us and all around the pl

note: away ticket prices will remain the same at least for now anyway, title is basically clickbait, I know, apologies

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
If it goes up it's an absolute disgrace from the PL.

Big implications at Albion too as category C prices are aligned to it I think with adult tickets from £30.

I'm sure Barber will fight our corner...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Would imagine it will increase by inflation so £35 next season.
The real history of this cap goes back to Liverpool fans complaining that all their games were cat A hence their tickets would be top wack. On the other hand #teamslikeBrighton were cat C and cheaper.
Can imagine clubs now looking to maximise away fans to 2500 or 7.5% of capacity. Another way of looking at it is that 3000 away fans probably spend more in the concourse than the equivelant home fan.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Would imagine it will increase by inflation so £35 next season.
The real history of this cap goes back to Liverpool fans complaining that all their games were cat A hence their tickets would be top wack. On the other hand #teamslikeBrighton were cat C and cheaper.
Can imagine clubs now looking to maximise away fans to 2500 or 7.5% of capacity. Another way of looking at it is that 3000 away fans probably spend more in the concourse than the equivelant home fan.

What's this thing with categories?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
What's this thing with categories?

Teams charge different prices depending on the opposition. So Brighton v Liverpool ticket prices are higher than Brighton v Burnley ticket prices. Before the away price cap this meant following Liverpool away costs a lot more in ticket prices than following Burnley away.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The different category pricing as with Albion is all about making money nothing else but its often laughable when a category C team is playing well or a category A team isnt. That said Albion know for example Liverpoolhave a bigger pull for tickets than the average floating fan is attracted to Burnley etc.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why increase it? Do they need the money?

Away fans bring a much needed atmosphere. They are shelling out thousands of pounds to travel across the country and commit serious time to this. Leave at £30. The clubs can afford it, some fans can’t.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The different category pricing as with Albion is all about making money nothing else but its often laughable when a category C team is playing well or a category A team isnt. That said Albion know for example Liverpoolhave a bigger pull for tickets than the average floating fan is attracted to Burnley etc.

You’ve answered your own question/point.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Has anyone said it wasn't. Standard economics, supply and demand.

Fact is, charge more for the bigger games and less for the unattractive ones and it evens itself out.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We've come to the end of the season and with no confirmation of the £30 cap being renewed beyond This season, I'm assuming we might have to pay a lot more for away games next season.

Huge shame if this is the case, our away support recently has been dwindling a little bit so this could shatter the away attendances for us and all around the pl

Has it!? Thought we sold out pretty much all games last season but correct me if I'm wrong!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If it does happen it's such a p**s take considering all the cost of living problems

It’s not happening - there was no reporting to suggest that it was - and the confirmation of the cap extension is likely to be a formality later this month - so the title of this thread is a bit premature.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
It’s not happening - there was no reporting to suggest that it was - and the confirmation of the cap extension is likely to be a formality later this month - so the title of this thread is a bit premature.

Cheers for the info, there was just nothing on the web suggesting a renewal, knew someone on here would know more than me aha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here