Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Have You Ever Seen The Queen?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes, was up in London for the jubilee in 2002 and saw her pass in the gold carriage thing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
4 times. Once in Cornwall during the Silver Jubilee aboard the Royal Yacht; Once on Royal Balcony from Birds Cage Walk; Once when she was riding in the Great Park, Windsor (which was very common until relatively recently) and the other, about a metre away when she stopped to talk to the Pensioner I was stood next to, when she visited Burgess Hill! That was incredible, she is the Greatest living human being and to be that close to I was awestruck.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
She invited me to the Palace, but I couldn’t make it, so I had to phone up to arrange a different day.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
4 times. Once in Cornwall during the Silver Jubilee aboard the Royal Yacht; Once on Royal Balcony from Birds Cage Walk; Once when she was riding in the Great Park, Windsor (which was very common until relatively recently) and the other, about a metre away when she stopped to talk to the Pensioner I was stood next to, when she visited Burgess Hill! That was incredible, she is the Greatest living human being and to be that close to I was awestruck.
I was 7 at the time when I saw her in Cornwall Silver Jubilee. Pink blob about 1000m away��

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yes, late Father-in-Law was Chairman of Horsham District Council so he (and immediate family including me) got invited to Buck House for a Tea Party back in the 90's.

She was charming but a bit distant - she did have several hundred people to meet & greet I suppose.

Must get a bit dull asking "have you had to come far today?"

I was amazed at the apparent lack of security - obviously the Chair of HDC was unlikely to smuggle a bomb in!

Thinking about it and having done work with them since then I can only suppose there were a lot of Plain Clothes Firearms milling about.

Last edited:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I went to Buck Pal when my old company won Queens Award for export John Major era.
Had a fantastic day out, we had lunch at Langhams, afternoon tea with Queenie at BP, finished off at Ronnie Scott’s [emoji481]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When she opened the Tate Modern Art Gallery I was part of the local residents committee in that area. They asked everyone to line up to shake her hand.

I said NO Yer alright. It's a free bar. I will just stay here :)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yeah, in Burgess Hill, a friend/colleague was here from Phoenix, first time out of the US and yes he met the queen.... Lovely bloke, no longer with us :-(

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yes at Ascot. The member's club I worked for at the time had it's hospitality close to the Royal facilities.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once. She opened an office for the blind in Heath Road, Haywards Heath when I was a school boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here