Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] USA Covid Testing

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Im flying to USA in July

I need a 1 day pre flight test. Any recommendations?

Are the Rapid Antigen tests carried out via consultation any good - presumably they are straight forward? Or should I have them carried out in a walk in clinic?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Im flying to USA in July

Are the Rapid Antigen tests carried out via consultation any good - presumably they are straight forward? Or should I have them carried out in a walk in clinic?

Had tests at the Gatwick drive-through on Saturday, very simple and efficient, results within 30 mins.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Im flying to USA in July

I use project screen

DR HQ are also good

They don’t really pay attention to you via the phone.

I’ve got a discount code for project screen if you like the look of it.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I used the Virgin Atlantic recommended Project Screen video consultation. Quick, easy and worked fine. Results took around an hour. Very much hoping there won't be a need to test on my next trip in September-come on Biden, sort it out.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks Bozza

Going through site, at what stage do you book consultation? It asks for money before I can let it know when my flights are. I dont want to pay, only to find that no consultations available

Also, how quickly are results? Im travelling from Leeds to London the day before my Heathrow travel

We used DocHQ for ours.

Supervised online via video call.

Discount in this link: https://dochq.co.uk/shop/?customer_discount=CTNHQ30

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks Bozza

Going through site, at what stage do you book consultation? It asks for money before I can let it know when my flights are. I dont want to pay, only to find that no consultations available

Also, how quickly are results? Im travelling from Leeds to London the day before my Heathrow travel

Yeah, the booking is slightly clunky in that you book the slot after you've paid but, from experience, they do have a lot of slots available on all days from 7am in the morning onwards. I need to book my next ones for July (flying 22/7) and I'm not concerned that we won't get a slot on the 21st. I guess I'm holding back in the hope that the testing requirement is withdrawn!

You get the result online there and then, and the certs are emailed to you. Mine arrived whilst I was on the call so I asked the DocHQ person to stay online for another couple of minutes whilst I quickly checked they were correct (names and date etc). It all worked perfectly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’d wait until a couple of weeks before your flight. Good chance they will scrap testing between now and July

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I used the Virgin Atlantic recommended Project Screen video consultation. Quick, easy and worked fine. Results took around an hour. Very much hoping there won't be a need to test on my next trip in September-come on Biden, sort it out.

I wouldn’t hold your breath, it’s gone quiet.

I thought when I went in feb wouldn’t be doing it in April or May - yet I’m still having to do it for next weeks Vegas trip

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Im flying to USA in July

I went to a local chemist in my home town the Saturday before flying the Sunday as they offered fit to fly rapid tests, went in, swabbed the nose, got the negative test, the chap took care of the rest. By the time we were home we got the email with the proof of negative test. It's really, really easy.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We use The Regenerative Clinic in Ditchling Road.

We used them and the 4 hour result time turned into 14+ hours as they mislaid the tests and we had to keep phoning as our flight was due to depart!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
We used them and the 4 hour result time turned into 14+ hours as they mislaid the tests and we had to keep phoning as our flight was due to depart!

Apologies. There were times when the rules changed and our turnover quadrupled literally overnight. Sorry if we let you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Apologies. There were times when the rules changed and our turnover quadrupled literally overnight. Sorry if we let you down.

Ooh I didn’t realise it was your place. It all worked out ok in the end.

Will say they never once fobbed us off with rubbish when we called and were very helpful.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm coming back to the homeland at the end of July (for the first time in four or five years), and while I checked that I didn't need any kind of testing or proof of vaccination to come over, I completely failed to consider that I might need it to come back home again. Yikes.

Fingers crossed the requirement is dropped by the start of August (when I'll be returning) so I don't have to deal with it, because I have zero idea how it works.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm coming back to the homeland at the end of July (for the first time in four or five years), and while I checked that I didn't need any kind of testing or proof of vaccination to come over, I completely failed to consider that I might need it to come back home again. Yikes.

Fingers crossed the requirement is dropped by the start of August (when I'll be returning) so I don't have to deal with it, because I have zero idea how it works.

It’s pretty easy. Come to the clinic, we swab your nose, you go next door to the pub for a beer, come back 15 minutes later and I’ll hand you your fit to fly certificate. That’s it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here