Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2022/23 Relegation Thread

So we now know which 20 teams will be playing in the top flight next season, the bookies have been quick off the mark to give odds as to whom will be relegated!

So BHA are ranked to finish 10th/11th - which is pleasing that we are not destined to be in the bottom three at this early stage.

So would you take mid table? Or be seeking a higher position? Or content to just be out of the bottom 3?

Who do you think will be going down in 12 months?

Far too early to call of course but just for fun - post us your thoughts.
97F13539-C0E4-4B03-8B78-3384E20E7598.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There will be a lot of money spent between now and kick off, but I am expecting a big drop off from Brentford, and Forest and Bournemouth to struggle. I think Fulham might do all right. Also think Wolves will slip and finish lower half after a flirt with relegation.
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man Utd
6. Brighton
7. Leicester
8. West Ham
9. Newcastle
10. Tottenham
11.Villa
12. Palace
13. Fulham
14. Saints
15. Wolves
16. Leeds
17. Everton
18. Brentford
19. Forest
20. Bournemouth

5 subs this season isn't it? Going to make it tough for the smaller squads.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brentford
Fulham
Stains

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When was the last time all three promoted clubs got relegated? Can totally see it happening next season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Brentford have to be at risk from second season syndrome, Saints if they fail to invest during the Summer and I'll go for Fulham or Bournemouth. I reckon Forest will be this years Leeds/Sheff U/Brentford and surprie everyone.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nottingham will be down as hard and fast as Norwich & Watford. Fulham and Bournemouth got a decent chance of staying up but probably not both of them. Leeds will be down there as well I think, and it will also be another sweaty season in Southampton. And obviously there is a bunch of clubs, including Brighton, that will never be able to know confidently that there won't be a relegation battle.

Would like to mention Leicester as well, they are in a downward spiral and a couple of key players who probably feel pretty done with playing there.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
think Forest might be the Sheffield United , Leeds type first season performers next season.

They’ve got to replace five loans which gives them a mountain to climb, imo.

Davis on loan from Villa scored 5 in 15 towards the end of the season before getting injured. Played a part in all 3 play-off games.
Lowe on loan from Sheffield United was first choice LB until he got injured. Came off the bench in the final.
Garner from Man.U is one of their key players and has been there for a 18 months. Highly rated at United.
Zinckernagel from Watford. 45 appearances, 6 goals & 7 assists
Spence from Boro. 42 games and certainly one of their players who has got the most attention.

All 5 of them played in the final yesterday, 4 of them started. That’s a lot of work they’ll need to do just to stand still next season. Even if we assume they’ll be able to sign the 3 who are currently at Championship clubs that’s going to set them back the best part of 35-40m.That’s a huge chunk out of their budget and wouldn’t even bring them up to the same squad they have now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they started like a house on fire before falling away pretty severely and finishing in the bottom 3.

Edit: To compare that to us, we had Pocognoli, Tomori, Akpom & Adekugbe. Whilst we wouldn’t have minded keeping the first two, none of them were what you’d have called vital players for us.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They’ve got to replace five loans which gives them a mountain to climb, imo.

Davis on loan from Villa scored 5 in 15 towards the end of the season before getting injured. Played a part in all 3 play-off games.
Lowe on loan from Sheffield United was first choice LB until he got injured. Came off the bench in the final.
Garner from Man.U is one of their key players and has been there for a 18 months. Highly rated at United.
Zinckernagel from Watford. 45 appearances, 6 goals & 7 assists
Spence from Boro. 42 games and certainly one of their players who has got the most attention.

All 5 of them played in the final yesterday, 4 of them started. That’s a lot of work they’ll need to do just to stand still next season. Even if we assume they’ll be able to sign the 3 who are currently at Championship clubs that’s going to set them back the best part of 35-40m.That’s a huge chunk out of their budget and wouldn’t even bring them up to the same squad they have now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they started like a house on fire before falling away pretty severely and finishing in the bottom 3.

Edit: To compare that to us, we had Pocognoli, Tomori, Akpom & Adekugbe. Whilst we wouldn’t have minded keeping the first two, none of them were what you’d have called vital players for us.

Exactly. Their entire midfield was loanees aside from Colback who is now 32 and not all that anyway. They may hang on to Garner but if I was United I'd get him playing for them. Good luck to them and that but they will struggle.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
There is always one team that has a slip following a decent previous season and gets dragged into it - just hope it isn't us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here