Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very jealous of those going this year. Looking forward to when family situation will allow for gigs and festivals to become a more regular occurrence again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t think I could do festivals again. Too many humans in one place for my liking but I have rediscovered my love of gigs and live music this year. Chalk has been a particular favourite venue of mine lately.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I didn’t but I did subsequently saw him upstairs at The Albert in Brighton in maybe 2007? Personally, I found his act very amusing for about half an hour. Didn’t hold my attention for that long though.

Interesting anecdote; a mate of mine once gave Frank Sidebottom a backstage blow job at another gig up North, many years ago. While he was wearing his big head. She never saw his face.

Interesting.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If you have a passing interest in popular music then there is more than enough to keep you entertained but that is only half the Glastonbury experience. Wandering round with a pint is one of life's truly great journeys.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
This was my first festival. Was particularly excited about Rollins Band, Cypress Hill and Soundgarden. Soundgarden pulled out though and Stabbing Westward stood in. Very disappointing. But a classic year that one. Chili Peppers were better than I thought they’d be. Cud and TMBG were also great.

Great line up. And all for £55!

View attachment 148420

Well that's a coincidence as it was also my first festival experience ! Although, we only went for the first day, to see The Verve mainly (brilliant they were). If memory serves Hole also played that day. I also remember Atilla (without knowing he was Albion back then), The Auteurs and the Lemonheads. Not a bad first experience (even though as a day tripper). First Glastonbury was the year after, it was totally over run and we shat in a field outside of the fence due to the condition of the bogs. Had our stuff rifled through in our tent 5 mins after setting it up and leaving it... and again in the early hours while we were sleeping in it.... thankfully we only took a load of old junk, including the tent. None of my mates returned but I went back numerous times with different people when the super fence started and numbers were limited. I'm way too square for Glasto really but I always loved the comedy, poetry, performance areas and the chance to wander. Later on I enjoyed being in the litterpicking team because I love tidying up :clap::clap: happy days.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well that's a coincidence as it was also my first festival experience ! Although, we only went for the first day, to see The Verve mainly (brilliant they were). If memory serves Hole also played that day. I also remember Atilla (without knowing he was Albion back then), The Auteurs and the Lemonheads. Not a bad first experience (even though as a day tripper). First Glastonbury was the year after, it was totally over run and we shat in a field outside of the fence due to the condition of the bogs. Had our stuff rifled through in our tent 5 mins after setting it up and leaving it... and again in the early hours while we were sleeping in it.... thankfully we only took a load of old junk, including the tent. None of my mates returned but I went back numerous times with different people when the super fence started and numbers were limited. I'm way too square for Glasto really but I always loved the comedy, poetry, performance areas and the chance to wander. Later on I enjoyed being in the litterpicking team because I love tidying up :clap::clap: happy days.

Haha! To be fair, there’s not one weak day in that particular weekend. Never done Glastonbury but did Reading a few times. I did a one dayer there too to see Beastie Boys and Prodigy. In my opinion The Beasties blew the Prodigy off the stage.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Very jealous of people going.

It always shocks me that people haven’t heard of Kendrick Lamar. It shouldn’t - some people will turn their nose up at anything that falls under the label of Rap/Hip-Hop. But the bloke has cemented himself as one of the most important artists of a generation and will be known as one of the greatest ever by the time he calls it a day. I can’t think of many people who deserve to headline Glasto more than he does.

I think some people are just willfully ignorant, or just very old and out of touch. I'm not a fan of hip hop in general, it just doesn't connect with me but anyone with a passing interest in popular music will know who he is and the high regard he's held in.

Also it's a generational thing as the comments about the 1970 festival show(and what I'm about to post below...)

This was my first festival. Was particularly excited about Rollins Band, Cypress Hill and Soundgarden. Soundgarden pulled out though and Stabbing Westward stood in. Very disappointing. But a classic year that one. Chili Peppers were better than I thought they’d be. Cud and TMBG were also great.

View attachment 148420

Reading used to have amazing line ups in the 90s. That Saturday main stage list is incredible.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
cb6713509e88f92ddb214fd30d876fd9.jpg

Phoenix ‘96 was my first. Just went for the Friday- Great day- sun was out- Neil Young and Crazy Horse on the main stage followed by Prodigy in the dance tent was quite a heady mix for a 16 year old!

We stayed overnight as we thought everything would run on until 5am like Glasto- but as a more ‘arena’ fetaival setup all the stages and tents shut pretty early and we were left huddling around fires burning litter with various reprobates and £&@? ups until the National Express bus turned up to collect us in the morning!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex

View attachment 148420

Line up reminds me of all the money I spent on indie CD’s that are boxed up in the loft somewhere. Yes, I was there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
cb6713509e88f92ddb214fd30d876fd9.jpg

Phoenix ‘96 was my first. Just went for the Friday- Great day- sun was out- Neil Young and Crazy Horse on the main stage followed by Prodigy in the dance tent was quite a heady mix for a 16 year old!

We stayed overnight as we thought everything would run on until 5am like Glasto- but as a more ‘arena’ fetaival setup all the stages and tents shut pretty early and we were left huddling around fires burning litter with various reprobates and £&@? ups until the National Express bus turned up to collect us in the morning!

Totally forgot about Phoenix! That’s a smashing line up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whatever the festival and the music, there's a lot to give back to the waiting hoards, post CV19 pandemic.
Where all have been starved of live music.
Bring it on... .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Im going and to be honest not bothered at all about whos on when. Will try and catch Confidence Man, Sean Kuti, and Sleaford Mods, and Blok 9 in the evenings but to be honest the beauty of that festival is wondering around and stumbling all manor of wonderful things you would never have heard of or expect to see.

Confidence Man I struggle with, I appreciate that they do it all with tongue firmly in cheek and big respect for that, but the music is, on the whole pretty dire, the vocals weak, the less said about the lyrics the better, the routines are just (intentionally) ridiculous and Janet Planet is about as sexy as Easy10 in a pair of backless Lycra hot pants having just taken a dump and not wiped his arse. That said, ‘Holiday’ would be worth a squiz live. Enjoy :D.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

View attachment 148420

My first festival too.

My brother (then 14yrs old) has always been eternally grateful that I took him along with me.

I remember Rollins being particularly abusive towards the crowd but maybe as an ironic prelude to this song:

https://youtu.be/awY1MRlMKMc

Which should be a certain person’s theme tune in my opinion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here