Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I'm going. Little Simz, Kruangbin, Herbie Hancock, Amyl and the Sniffers and Jesus and Mary Chain are some on my list.
Over 100 stages for four days, something for everyone.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Just seen this and this old codger is very underwhelmed :shrug:

Quite a few who I've never heard of or I have but know nothing about them

Who's going, and who is the stand out act for YOU?

Paul McCartney and Dianna Ross? FFS :rolleyes:

It's not staged for people like me though :smile:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertain...sedgntp&cvid=2d6fe8cba3d54e88b1faeae1d56b61a3

The first festival that I attended whilst still a schoolboy was the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival that featured Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, Jethro Tull, Ten Years After, Chicago, The Doors, Lighthouse, The Who, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Supertramp, The Moody Blues, Joan Baez, Free, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Kris Kristofferson, Donovan, Ralph McTell, John Sebastian, Terry Reid and Taste.. Don't think we'll see the likes of that again.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My first festival - a strong lineup:

2ff96f5e487e41dbc193602b9637209c

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Got tickets for the resale, standouts for me are Fontaines DC, Kendrick Lamar, Wetleg, Pheobe Bridgers, Squid, Big Thief.

But if you are going to Glastonbury to see top level acts you are doing it wrong, the best days are bumbling about with a few ciders on the Wednesday and Thursday.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just seen this and this old codger is very underwhelmed :shrug:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?393457-Glastonbury-2022&highlight=Glastonbury

Quite a few who I've never heard of or I have but know nothing about them

Who's going, and who is the stand out act for YOU?

Paul McCartney and Dianna Ross? FFS :rolleyes:

It's not staged for people like me though :smile:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertain...sedgntp&cvid=2d6fe8cba3d54e88b1faeae1d56b61a3

@pedant here :lolol:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?393457-Glastonbury-2022&highlight=Glastonbury

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The first festival that I attended whilst still a schoolboy was the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival that featured Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, Jethro Tull, Ten Years After, Chicago, The Doors, Lighthouse, The Who, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Supertramp, The Moody Blues, Joan Baez, Free, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Kris Kristofferson, Donovan, Ralph McTell, John Sebastian, Terry Reid and Taste.. Don't think we'll see the likes of that again.

That's like a bleeding Who's Who of Rock! Priceless.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk

That's what you call a festival :thumbsup::

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Im going and to be honest not bothered at all about whos on when. Will try and catch Confidence Man, Sean Kuti, and Sleaford Mods, and Blok 9 in the evenings but to be honest the beauty of that festival is wondering around and stumbling all manor of wonderful things you would never have heard of or expect to see.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Im going and to be honest not bothered at all about whos on when. Will try and catch Confidence Man, Sean Kuti, and Sleaford Mods, and Blok 9 in the evenings but to be honest the beauty of that festival is wondering around and stumbling all manor of wonderful things you would never have heard of or expect to see.

Agreed, I haven't been since the mid 90's, lost a day in a beer tent and comedy tent after an 'interesting breakfast' :rolleyes::lolol:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I must be getting old as reading down the list of acts, it's like a foreign language to me. Still, glad to see Billy The Fish has a gig on the Pyramid stage now the season is over.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am going, for the first time at the age of 60. Being a teacher has meant that it has been impossible for me to go before.

I'm so looking forward to it, and the line up is, in my opinion, superb. Top of my list: The Avalanches, Kendrick Lamar, Little Simz, Jarv is, Foals, Khruangbin, Gabriels. But generally, just wandering around, taking in the vibe is what I am most looking forward to.

We didn't all stop listening to music produced after the 70s, stubbornly refusing to believe that anything that followed could be any good. Personally, I would have hated that 1970 IOW Festival referenced above.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I work at West Holts- it’s an amazing line up on that stage, as per.

Last edited:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex

But I bet people of a certain age would have said things like;

‘Just seen this and this old codger is very underwhelmed’

‘Quite a few who I've never heard of or I have but know nothing about them’

‘It's not staged for people like me though’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here