Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions' league final issues

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That’s a cheap shot. Like Not Andy Naylor you have completely missed the point. What if it turns out there were an insignificant number of ticketless fans and they played no major part in the problems last night ? It would render your ‘I condemn bad treatment of anyone behave correctly’ point irrelevant. You have made your mind up basis some taxi journey you made and a few other lazy stereotypes whereas I am waiting for the facts.

[tweet]1530843106588999680[/tweet]
[tweet]1530860838717890562[/tweet]
[tweet]1530828045484974088[/tweet]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That’s a cheap shot. Like Not Andy Naylor you have completely missed the point. What if it turns out there were an insignificant number of ticketless fans and they played no major part in the problems last night ? It would render your ‘I condemn bad treatment of anyone behave correctly’ point irrelevant. You have made your mind up basis some taxi journey you made and a few other lazy stereotypes whereas I am waiting for the facts.

Well, if it turns out that way beyond dispute I'd be pretty dumb to carry on arguing that it did :shrug:

However, there are videos on here of fans of all colours jumping the fences and both ends had a large number of people in the aisles (Liverpool's much more so) when, at the original kick off time, the Liverpool end looked half empty. I saw both of those things on video and during coverage of the game.

I've done Liverpool a few times. In 91 they applauded us and Johnny Crumplin off the pitch in the ground but they weren't so loveable outside it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
as more of these reports surface along with statements from Merseyside police traveling with the LFC that their behaviour was " exemplary" perhaps the holier than thou tossers who are so quick to shit on their countrymen will wind their necks in and admit they were wrong....but they won't.

Yeah exemplary [emoji849]

[tweet]1530828632909877250[/tweet]

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Was there any sort of problem at the Madrid end of the Stadium and if not, why the difference?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well, if it turns out that way beyond dispute I'd be pretty dumb to carry on arguing that it did :shrug:

However, there are videos on here of fans of all colours jumping the fences and both ends had a large number of people in the aisles (Liverpool's much more so) when, at the original kick off time, the Liverpool end looked half empty. I saw both of those things on video and during coverage of the game.

I've done Liverpool a few times. In 91 they applauded us and Johnny Crumplin off the pitch in the ground but they weren't so loveable outside it.

With regards to people in the aisles all I can do is offer my own experience. We usually get to games pretty early but Bournemouth away on a Friday night a few years ago we were stuck in traffic on our journey down from Norfolk. We arrived 10 minutes late and were unable to reach our seats as obviously everyone was standing and other people had taken our seats to be with their mates. We stood in the aisle which was fine. I can’t say whether that is what happened to hundreds/thousands of Liverpool fans stuck in French traffic or in queues outside the stadium but it is at least worth considering before trotting out all the anti Liverpool stuff. Anyway, we aren’t going to agree and that’s fine.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With regards to people in the aisles all I can do is offer my own experience. We usually get to games pretty early but Bournemouth away on a Friday night a few years ago we were stuck in traffic on our journey down from Norfolk. We arrived 10 minutes late and were unable to reach our seats so stood in the aisle. I can’t say whether that is what happened to hundreds/thousands of Liverpool fans stuck in French traffic or in queues outside the stadium but it is at least worth considering before trotting out all the anti Liverpool stuff. Anyway, we aren’t going to agree and that’s fine.

Yep. Aisles have been pretty clogged in our end on many of the awaydays I did this season, doesn’t really prove anything……

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah exemplary [emoji849]

[tweet]1530828632909877250[/tweet]

Those aren’t Liverpool fans. They’re locals, as was reported by well respected and on the ground media. People need to stop aiding the lies. Or do 84yr old women in wheelchairs with valid tickets that were chained to poles and subsequently pepper sprayed telling lies?

I lived I Paris for some time and the state Military Police are thugs. Quite a different organisation to local gendarmerie. When they’re called out there’s always trouble, even when there is none.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Those aren’t Liverpool fans. They’re locals, as was reported by well respected and on the ground media. People need to stop aiding the lies. Or do 84yr old women in wheelchairs with valid tickets that were chained to poles and subsequently pepper sprayed telling lies?

I lived I Paris for some time and the state Military Police are thugs. Quite a different organisation to local gendarmerie. When they’re called out there’s always trouble, even when there is none.

They’re wearing red !!! Or maybe they are UEFA plants to cause trouble ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Imagine paying £1k for a valid ticket, waiting hours in a queue outside, and being then kicked, gassed and punched by Police and stewards before not allowed in because it’s deemed “full”, then not even being able to watch match in a local bar!!!!

#BarberIN

#levelling up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

And how did the media know? Did they speak to them all. More likely it's a combination of both

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They’re wearing red !!! Or maybe they are UEFA plants to cause trouble ?

No, it simply confirms your bias. A few are wearing Red, they’re not the ones making a break for it though. The black African decent youths that overwhelmingly make up the local district do. If you knew anything about Paris and France you’d spot these things. Guess that’s why you don’t, where’s having lived there I do! Though pretty obvious when nearly all the scousers are Pale White guys. Many of the red shirted Liverpool fans in that clip even walk back to the gates, having obviously been shoved forwards in the surge. Peoples bias is there for all to see, and they won’t be told or change your mind either despite the overwhelming evidence that the Authorities fecked up on a monumental scale and we’re lucky to not be writing about Hillsborough 2 this morning. Its disgusting and offensive how anti Merseyside fellow fans are on NSC. Let’s see how we’d react having spent a small fortune to not see an event and ourfamily and kids get beaten and gassed by unaccountable para militaries? You’d be lived wouldn’t you?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And how did the media know? Did they speak to them all. More likely it's a combination of both

1 rotten egg and all that. People are desperate to blame scousers this morning, if 1 out of a 1000 is a Red then let’s hatchet the 999 innocents. People love a scouse binfest. It’s intriguing really. You’ve got testimony from scores of well respected people in the game condemning the authorities as first hand witnesses as well as perfectly respectable Liverpool fans too, but this isn’t enough for the sneering perpetual liars that show their anti Liverpool bias. Ego, jealously or just ignorance I’ve no idea. But it’s very sad.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, it simply confirms your bias. A few are wearing Red, they’re not the ones making a break for it though. The black African decent youths that overwhelmingly make up the local district do. If you knew anything about Paris and France you’d spot these things. Guess that’s why you don’t, where’s having lived there I do! Though pretty obvious when nearly all the scousers are Pale White guys.

BA2D598E-A289-4416-973A-777CAC8F0755.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No, it simply confirms your bias. A few are wearing Red, they’re not the ones making a break for it though. The black African decent youths that overwhelmingly make up the local district do. If you knew anything about Paris and France you’d spot these things. Guess that’s why you don’t, where’s having lived there I do! Though pretty obvious when nearly all the scousers are Pale White guys. Many of the red shirted Liverpool fans in that clip even walk back to the gates, having obviously been shoved forwards in the surge. Peoples bias is there for all to see, and they won’t be told or change your mind either despite the overwhelming evidence that the Authorities fecked up on a monumental scale and we’re lucky to not be writing about Hillsborough 2 this morning. Its disgusting and offensive how anti Merseyside fellow fans are on NSC. Let’s see how we’d react having spent a small fortune to not see an event and ourfamily and kids get beaten and gassed by unaccountable para militaries? You’d be lived wouldn’t you?

On the still image there are plenty of red shirts in there so no idea how you can say that. And I’m not blaming ‘Scousers’ as I have no idea if they are from Bootle, Birkenhead, Bognor or Bangalore from a video. Yes there are others in there too but plenty of red shirts.

And on your last point as someone who has travelled with England for 20 years, been CS gas’d many times, been to Bulgaria, Russia, Moldova, Croatia, Marseille etc I’m more than familiar with being caught in the cross fire.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's factually incorrect.

I'm against anyone who got into or tried to get into that ground when they didn't have a legitimate ticket for it. As I said last night, with 10 Liverpool fans to every one Madrid, it stands to reason there were more Liverpool trying to get in without the right to than any other type. And there were that many Liverpool fans there because they've always travelled without tickets and, on this occasion were encouraged to do so by Liverpool's manager.

Genuine Liverpool fans with genuine tickets have been treated appallingly, by UEFA, by the police and by their own ticketless scumbags.

I can do that in exactly the same way as regarding those who broke into the Euro final here as scum and the lot that do the German Bomber and No Surrender songs without being against England.

Beyond that I reserve the right to crack a joke about nicked Lacostes when that's how Liverpool's casuals infamously funded their trips back in the day. Have you never done a funny about Man U fans coming from Essex or Palace being Nig31s / living in a caravan / burning down Croydon?

It’s factually correct that you chose the ‘if’ he has a fake ticket and nothing along the lines of it being a bona fide ticket which was the point I referred too and nothing else.

I don’t believe I’ve said anything about any jokes uve made…carry on I’m all for humour…..as regards to Palace fans I thing u may struggle to find any ‘jokes’ re caravans etc that I’ve made
Re Utd …nope nothing about Essex….although I’ll admit to Guildford :)

Looking forward to the Championship Play Off Final this afternoon and concentrating on the match :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here