Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is EVERY chance of SELLING someone today

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Seems appropriate again. Signing Buonanotte, suspect that is it; zero thread has no post since 28 Nov, which sort of says it all.

Sit back and wait for the gannets fight over Mac and Caicedo, and perhaps Trossard.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My guess is that no one from the first team will be sold but that some fringe player might be loaned somewhere if first team player(s) are brought in.

Of course there's a slim chance that someone will put in a massive bid that just can't be denied but I think that, at this point, would take obscene amounts of cash.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Won’t take that big an offer to prise Trossard away given his contract situation.

Be gutted to lose any of them.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
On the one hand ....

We've had 150m ish in transfers in or compensation over the last 2 years and have only spent a fraction of that. We don't need the money so from that point of view can tell clubs to **** off

On the other hand ......

The way we're winning these fantastic young signings is that we're proving to them there's a pathway to PL football and we're getting them in the team far earlier than if they went to most other clubs. If we dig in too much, we risk becoming a less attractive to emerging talent and arguably holds back the next generation.

But on the first hand again ....

Recent history is replete with clubs who have been handily upper mid table for a year or two, then gone down when key players were sold and replacements didn't fire. Selling our best players dangerously takes for granted our continued PL status.

But on the other hand again ....

Contracts are running down. The model relies on us turning a profit. Selling when reputations are high worked for the Cucu transfer and could work similarly for our highly sought after stars.

In short, I have no idea what is best, but I think Tony will get it right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here