Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stade de Reims - pre season friendly?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
According to Andy Naylor (The Athletic)

The world cup means a shorter break to Portugal in Mid July, which includes at least one behind-closed-doors friendly.

We just don't seem to like fans at these things anymore

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
According to the Worthing Twitter feed they will be playing Brighton, away, on 8th July.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
According to Andy Naylor (The Athletic)

The world cup means a shorter break to Portugal in Mid July, which includes at least one behind-closed-doors friendly.

We just don't seem to like fans at these things anymore

Was this a regular thing ? It’s pretty rare until the last decade for Albion to have a pre season camp abroad and it’s only once or twice I think - and that was years ago ( Spain in about 2015 ? ) that fans attended the matches at end of the camp which are normally behind closed doors. Club of course hosts plenty of pre season friendlies home/away with fans though at least in Covid free times. . Rangers, Luton and Getafe last year for example.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Was this a regular thing ? It’s pretty rare until the last decade for Albion to have a pre season camp abroad and it’s only once or twice I think - and that was years ago ( Spain in about 2015 ? ) that fans attended the matches at end of the camp which are normally behind closed doors. Club of course hosts plenty of pre season friendlies home/away with fans though at least in Covid free times. . Rangers, Luton and Getafe last year for example.

Not sure about a regular thing but for the second Albufeira trip it was announced in the winter (I remember because I booked it with some mates after the previous trip got good reviews). That was first season at The Amex. I think when we'd been there the previous season a game was abandoned because Poyet took a dislike to some of the tackles.

After that, all the overseas trips seem to have been announced fairly late in the day compared to other clubs, not really sure why. There's been a few games in Spain etc but we haven't had a well followed trip like Le Havre or Albufeira since.

Covid hasn't helped admittedly

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure about a regular thing but for the second Albufeira trip it was announced in the winter (I remember because I booked it with some mates after the previous trip got good reviews). That was first season at The Amex. I think when we'd been there the previous season a game was abandoned because Poyet took a dislike to some of the tackles.

After that, all the overseas trips seem to have been announced fairly late in the day compared to other clubs, not really sure why. There's been a few games in Spain etc but we haven't had a well followed trip like Le Havre or Albufeira since.

Covid hasn't helped admittedly

Yep. I’d be tempted to go ! And I think pre Covid there was talk of a mini US tour but for now it looks like it’s just 3-4 domestic pre season friendlies for fans again. Presumably an Amex “prestige” match on July 30th/31st and several others at away grounds

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria

Fans were allowed at the end of tour games in Austria two years running. 2018 and 2019?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
According to the Worthing Twitter feed they will be playing Brighton, away, on 8th July.

Surely they would be up against our U23s? So the Sussex Senior Cup final all over again

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Away behind closed doors friendly against Spanish la Liga 7th placed team

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
20F64C89-166A-4440-AE6C-F5E3FFC0DA97.jpeg

139261A7-9553-4FFF-AD02-2EC01B161EE4.jpeg

Date and venue confirmed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd love to go to that but it's the weekend of Mrs Gwylan's birthday. I suggested to her that she might like to celebrate it in Reims after the match, but she didn't seem impressed :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here