Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans stuck at Dover

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having lived in Liverpool 14 years, I strongly disagree with you. The vast majority of Scousers are extremely outgoing, kind and friendly. There is much less of a us and them feeling between different social classes, I love it.

Friends that live in Saltdean worked in the Royal Liverpool hospital for five years after qualifying. They lived in Toxteth during the 80s.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
I find it funny how no other clubs fans ever get done with coaches and planes that don't exist. An entire fan base and none of them have the skills to be able to book themselves on a plane or a train and back. If you look at a coach website and it looks like it was designed in the mid 90s you deserve all you get

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was somewhat torn, probably mainly because of the 'Brighton Kop' :rolleyes:

However, we have a friend of Mrs Wz staying at the moment as she is between houses. Liverpool born and bred, she had a few older brothers, was bought up watching them, but has been known to go into a certain pub in Brighton when Liverpool play.

I was talking to her about my thoughts on that last night but, in her defence, she has been a teacher in Brighton for a long while and arranged various Albion players and staff to come into her classes to encourage the kids to support their local team when we were at the arse end of the leagues, long before we became fashionable.

So I've decided she is a genuine 'Red' just living in the wrong place. Come on Liverpool (for tonight) :albion2:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So. According to some dude who is high ranking in Dover this is the first time the channel crossing has been properly stress tested. And something which took minutes now takes a 3 hour tail back and 2.5 processing at the border. But you knew what you were voting for so why the whining on Twitter?

To those Idiots who voted for this shit show. Stop whining. It’s the will of the people. Get over it. You won!

Can’t you take your Brexit obsession to the appropriate thread in the Bear Pit ?

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/dove...ose-800-per-lorry-as-products-go-off-12587111

That article was from a month ago. Add in half term and many thousands of football fans heading to the game or bars in Paris and you will begin to understand the issues facing Liverpool fans. Your constant blaming of everything on your obsession is just boring.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I find it funny how no other clubs fans ever get done with coaches and planes that don't exist. An entire fan base and none of them have the skills to be able to book themselves on a plane or a train and back. If you look at a coach website and it looks like it was designed in the mid 90s you deserve all you get

Don't you believe it doesn't happen elsewhere. Many years ago I was at Ibrox using someone's season ticket. When I enquired as to why the season ticket holder was absent, I was told they were still making their way back from a Match Rangers had played in Europe some six weeks previously :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can’t you take your Brexit obsession to the appropriate thread in the Bear Pit ?

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/dove...ose-800-per-lorry-as-products-go-off-12587111

That article was from a month ago. Add in half term and many thousands of football fans heading to the game or bars in Paris and you will begin to understand the issues facing Liverpool fans. Your constant blaming of everything on your obsession is just boring.

I’m just the messenger. Besides, the guy was taking about processing times at the border, which is directly related to Brexit and quite different to what your link is about.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Make sure they claim £220 compensation, each

Yep there are, it was only the outbound flight cancelled but because they paid for a package of flights and hotel easyjet cancelled it all are resold their £50 seats on the flight home for £350. They wouldn't let them keep the flight home so they could book the flight out which could be done cheapish going to Innsbruck and train to Munich. All options are too expensive to get home now looking at around a grand return.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yep there are, it was only the outbound flight cancelled but because they paid for a package of flights and hotel easyjet cancelled it all are resold their £50 seats on the flight home for £350. They wouldn't let them keep the flight home so they could book the flight out which could be done cheapish going to Innsbruck and train to Munich. All options are too expensive to get home now looking at around a grand return.

This is probably going to come across as obvious and I know getting time off work for some people is very
difficult, but if I was in the same position, I'd get over to Paris via, let's say St Malo a day before the match
and then return a day or so after the final via the same route. I know it would still be expensive, but the chances of things going pear-shaped
are pretty low. Btw - before anyone asks, I did that trip a month ago and it is a long, but very comfy journey.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Personally I won’t be laughing at real Liverpool fans that are stuck at Dover, especially if they are actually going to the match.

I see a few in Newhaven yesterday heading for the port, that’s the way to go £30 ferry crossing and a 2 hour £40 train journey. Bobs yer uncle. Got no problem with those without tickets heading for Paris, however, those already the queue for the King n Queen….. grrrrrr

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
That’s an EasyJet UK route, stick to EasyJet Europe if they operate on a route or choose another airline is my advice. UK is nothing but a headache at the moment and will remain so for some time.

So far so good for my easyJet flight home tonight from fuerteventura - however wouldn’t say no to being stranded here for another few days:cool:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Support an English club from a city that is anti Tory, or support a Spanish club that was the play thing of Spains fascist dictator?

Is this what it has really come down to?

When I say support, I mean for this game only, obviously.

Half of this city that is anti Tory will be passionately supporting Madrid. Some things are just more important than politics.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is probably going to come across as obvious and I know getting time off work for some people is very
difficult, but if I was in the same position, I'd get over to Paris via, let's say St Malo a day before the match
and then return a day or so after the final via the same route. I know it would still be expensive, but the chances of things going pear-shaped
are pretty low. Btw - before anyone asks, I did that trip a month ago and it is a long, but very comfy journey.

Thanks, spent last night and this morning trying to find a way but all coming out too expensive. Don't want to risk booking new flights and charging them to Easyjet in case they cant get the money back even though legally Easyjet should pay it.

Incidentally, as they have had the outgoing flight cancelled and even though the return is still flying but easyjet have cancelled their tickets and resold them for £600 profit, does that mean they are entitled to £220 compensation for each flight - anybody know ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So far so good for my easyJet flight home tonight from fuerteventura - however wouldn’t say no to being stranded here for another few days:cool:

Good luck. I have had quite a number of my flights moved and or cancelled at very short notice this year and two future flights have already been pulled. Frustrating. But yeah, being stranded in Fuerteventura would be nice especially as Easyjet should pick up the hotel tab.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I meant anti-Irish on NSC with the “are you for real” comment.
I think anyone that is anti LFC or their plastic fans isn’t for one minute also having a go at the Irish, I’m sure that is what you were getting at……apologies if I have misunderstood.

I was meaning more of an underlying prejudice that is so long established that one almost doesn't realize it's there. I suppose a kind of subconscious bias. Not out and out anti Irish racism. I am also sorry that I wasn't clear.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A6E92DB5-81CE-41BB-8F97-1C79F7912BC0.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here