Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans stuck at Dover

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So. According to some dude who is high ranking in Dover this is the first time the channel crossing has been properly stress tested. And something which took minutes now takes a 3 hour tail back and 2.5 processing at the border. But you knew what you were voting for so why the whining on Twitter?

To those Idiots who voted for this shit show. Stop whining. It’s the will of the people. Get over it. You won!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't wish to cast aspersions on any fellow B&HA fans or NSC users, but am I the only person who finds all this anti-Scouse vitriol pathetic? Having seen Albion at Anfield three times and Goodison once my encounters with Liverpudlians in pubs and around the ground has generally been positive and friendly. The only fight I've seen was caused by a mouthy Albion fan. If your hate of Scousers boils down to some of them having booed the national anthem then I would argue that at least they aren't sheep and are not afraid to stick two fingers up at nationalistic bollocks.

Word. Having seen the Albion all over the UK without doubt Liverpool is one of the friendliest places.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So. According to some dude who is high ranking in Dover this is the first time the channel crossing has been properly stress tested. And something which took minutes now takes a 3 hour tail back and 2.5 processing at the border. But you knew what you were voting for so why the whining on Twitter?

To those Idiots who voted for this shit show. Stop whining. It’s the will of the people. Get over it. You won!

Scousers mostly didn't vote for Brexit. There is huge support for the EU there.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't wish to cast aspersions on any fellow B&HA fans or NSC users, but am I the only person who finds all this anti-Scouse vitriol pathetic? Having seen Albion at Anfield three times and Goodison once my encounters with Liverpudlians in pubs and around the ground has generally been positive and friendly. The only fight I've seen was caused by a mouthy Albion fan. If your hate of Scousers boils down to some of them having booed the national anthem then I would argue that at least they aren't sheep and are not afraid to stick two fingers up at nationalistic bollocks.

Yep, some of the comments here are not only embarrassing but they border on racism. I know Scouse is not a race but there is the closest comparison. Would we tolerate this stereotyping for a largely non-white area such as Leicester? It is disgusting. Maybe it stems from anti-Irish feeling, but whatever it is it's embarrassing to see so many jump on the, frankly pathetic, anti Liverpool bandwagon.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Support an English club from a city that is anti Tory, or support a Spanish club that was the play thing of Spains fascist dictator?

Is this what it has really come down to?

When I say support, I mean for this game only, obviously.

Scouse, not English.

Their words, not mine.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Unlike most on here I can sympathise. Easyjet ***** have just cancelled my daughter and her boyfriends trip to Munich for the England game next weekend

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Having worked in and lived near Liverpool for several years I strongly disagree.

:lolol:

Having lived in Liverpool 14 years, I strongly disagree with you. The vast majority of Scousers are extremely outgoing, kind and friendly. There is much less of a us and them feeling between different social classes, I love it.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Scousers mostly didn't vote for Brexit. There is huge support for the EU there.

Precisely!

Plus … all the Scousers I saw on the news last night being delayed we’re chilled out about it. Big smiles and all saying “we’ll get there”.

I don’t get why some get so heated and angry about those that ‘can’t have possibly have ever set foot in Liverpool’ and yet they dare put a Liverpool shirt on! How childish!

I might put my replica 1981 shirt on tonight … signed by Jimmy Case, Ian Callaghan, Phil Neale and Tommy Smith! My dad was born in Liverpool and moved south to do his National Service … and met my mum. He was a red and I’ve always had a soft spot for them.

Walking back to the coach through Stanley Park after the 2-2 earlier in the season the Liverpool fans were brilliant. All full of praise for little old Brighton. No malice or agro whatsoever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unlike most on here I can sympathise. Easyjet ***** have just cancelled my daughter and her boyfriends trip to Munich for the England game next weekend

That’s an EasyJet UK route, stick to EasyJet Europe if they operate on a route or choose another airline is my advice. UK is nothing but a headache at the moment and will remain so for some time.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep, some of the comments here are not only embarrassing but they border on racism. I know Scouse is not a race but there is the closest comparison. Would we tolerate this stereotyping for a largely non-white area such as Leicester? It is disgusting. Maybe it stems from anti-Irish feeling, but whatever it is it's embarrassing to see so many jump on the, frankly pathetic, anti Liverpool bandwagon.

Are you for real? Anti -Irish?:facepalm:

Most of the anti Liverpool FC stuff on this forum is aimed at plastic supporters of the club that have never been anywhere near Anfield. Especially when there is a pub in Brighton that’s decorated with LFC flags and the “TV fans” that go in there call themselves the Brighton Kop.
When I was at junior school in Brighton most of my classmates “supported” Liverpool, I will also avoid any pub showing football in Newhaven today because there will be shirt wearing “TV fans” in there.

For the record I have no issues with the people of Liverpool.

Personally I won’t be laughing at real Liverpool fans that are stuck at Dover, especially if they are actually going to the match.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The smaller, and more immediate one, is people who have never even set foot in Liverpool watching it in their replica shirts at home or in the King and Queen and then giving it large on social media as if they did something different to picking a winning big club they otherwise had no connection with.

Seeing as it's Liverpool...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Make sure they claim £220 compensation, each

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Are you for real? :ffsparr:

Yes there has historically been large anti-Irish sentiment aimed at the people of Liverpool about half of whom are descended from poor immigrants from the 19th century. That kind of sentiment is not confined to football, as a non Liverpudlian, I have seen it many times.

And yeah, you personally don't have a problem with genuine reds from Liverpool that is great, we all know plastics, they are all around us in the south, but taking pleasure in travel difficulties for real fans and lazy stereotyping is ungenerous to say the least.

Feb 14, 2010
Probably give it a swerve and look forward to Hudderfield v Forest tomorrow. That should be a cracker.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Are you for real? :ffsparr:

Yes there has historically been large anti-Irish sentiment aimed at the people of Liverpool about half of whom are descended from poor immigrants from the 19th century. That kind of sentiment is not confined to football, as a non Liverpudlian, I have seen it many times.

And yeah, you personally don't have a problem with genuine reds from Liverpool that is great, we all know plastics, they are all around us in the south, but taking pleasure in travel difficulties for real fans and lazy stereotyping is ungenerous to say the least.

I meant anti-Irish on NSC with the “are you for real” comment.
I think anyone that is anti LFC or their plastic fans isn’t for one minute also having a go at the Irish, I’m sure that is what you were getting at……apologies if I have misunderstood.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Most of the anti Liverpool FC stuff on this forum is aimed at plastic supporters of the club that have never been anywhere near Anfield. Especially when there is a pub in Brighton that’s decorated with LFC flags and the “TV fans” that go in there call themselves the Brighton Kop.
When I was at junior school in Brighton most of my classmates “supported” Liverpool, I will also avoid any pub showing football in Newhaven today because there will be shirt wearing “TV fans” in there.

Personally I won’t be laughing at real Liverpool fans that are stuck at Dover, especially if they are actually going to the match.

Plenty of real Liverpool fans going to the match. Neighbours of ours and tradesman that have been working on our house. We went to the Roses 20:20 at Old Trafford last night (brilliant match and atmosphere) and as we drove out of Liverpool it seemed half the houses had flags flying from their windows. We passed a large group of lads who I guess were waiting for a coach. Loads of people hooting them although they may have been blues I guess. The blokes doing some rendering for us are blues and going to a family party to watch and support Madrid. The stuff about plastics is way wide of the mark. Most of those will be stuck on their sofas in Sussex and Surrey. The city of Liverpool is well up for this game and the city centre will be messy tonight whatever the result. Can’t believe I’m saying this but as a one off Come on you reds !!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There was and maybe still is a large Irish community in Brighton who may have inherited their Dad's team, in the same way some of our exiled fans are bringing up their youngsters to support Brighton.
My Stepfather lived in Woodingdean, came from Coleraine in NI, but was a Liverpool supporter. He is dead now but always watched them on tv. When he was younger he served in the Marines, and then suffered badly from what is now known as PTSD, so hardly went out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here