Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans stuck at Dover

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.cityam.com/dover-chaos-...-term-getaways-stuck-in-security-bottlenecks/

Liverpool fans going to Paris for the Champions League final as well as families on their half-term break are currently facing long queues at the port of Dover due to security delays. People took it to Twitter to express their frustration at the situation, with travellers complaining about being stuck in hour-long bottlenecks. “3 hours in a queue at Dover after driving down on no sleep is comparable to the pain of childbirth, glad we’re a day early,” said a Liverpool fan while another called the bottlenecks “ridiculous as expected.”

Shame that.

Although on the whole, I'm very much in favour of keeping plastics out of the sea.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I believe there are plenty of abandoned inflatables littering near by beaches they could use.

0_Daily-MirrorText-Louie-SmithHM-Border-force-confiscate-boats-and-lifejackets-used-by-migrants-.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Less time to pillage the designer stores so a few less unemployed Mickeys in expensive clobber than expected. And probably a few lorries without hubcaps in the queue.

There. I think that covers it.

*dusts hands*

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's going to be a surge of pregnancies, due to the delay at Dover.
New kids names to appear as follows:
Dover
Kent
Chanel (whatever shirt number of choice)
Calais
Sangat
Aitchess Uno

Your go....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It would be good if we could come up with some common policy or something to make travelling to and from Europe much easier.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I happen to be in Manchester for the weekend. VERY much looking forward to joining in with the throngs of part-time RM fans in a sports bar in the city centre somewhere.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Probably come back claiming refugee status, Scouse not English.

Attachments

• DDA5DDAA-9D7C-413E-8D91-E41E2119CE29.jpeg
    DDA5DDAA-9D7C-413E-8D91-E41E2119CE29.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 518

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For any of them who voted for Brexit, tough shit.

For the rest of them, just :p

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Finally, a Brexit benefit

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It would be good if we could come up with some common policy or something to make travelling to and from Europe much easier.
Why would we want to do that ? We are British and queuing and moaning are national sports.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
You think the brits are bad at queuing- you should try the French. It is obligatory to gesticulate, huff, death stare, elbow in this situation. And shout obscenities suggesting it’s down to Macron.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
French immigration have a duty of care to protect Europe from Scousers!

THis is exactly the mindset of the Douanes. Problem is they have to also manually scan each British passport into the computer. Takes an age. This is a country that preferred minitel to the internet for years!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember when this was called Project Fear

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“ you are booked to travel today please allow at least 2.5 hours to clear all security checks.”

:thumbsup:

Wouldn’t happen in the EU

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
I went to the last liverpool v real Madrid match in Paris in 1981. Didnt have a ticket but got in to see the match. Them liverpool fans are crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here