Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] TV wall mounting

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Evening all, can anyone recommend a reliable and reputable firm/person that would fit a 55” TV to a wall?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Ask Richer Sounds. They have a guy who works independently who is excellent. I think his business card is on the counter.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm pretty average at DIY but found this a piece of cake.

Centre it, level it then drill the 4-6 holes.

If you're feeding the mains/HDMI cable into the wall cavity then just 5 mins extra.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
b8a850553114a306834b0fbbb1c1882d.jpg

The best guys for the job no longer available unfortunately RIP

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I did it myself last summer. Bought a bracket on the internet and all I needed was a drill, spirit level was attached to the bracket..... literally a 5 minute job

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We need a diy section for those with soft hands.

Some of you make me laugh paying someone to hang a bracket on the wall good god

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's not the hanging of the bracket, it's the uncertainty whether it will stay on the wall with a heavy expensive tv attached!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
We need a diy section for those with soft hands.

Some of you make me laugh paying someone to hang a bracket on the wall good god

Yeah - Give it a go, once you realise how simple this stuff is, you won't look back, you'll be looking for DIY jobs to take on :) Remember, YouTube is your friend.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah - Give it a go, once you realise how simple this stuff is, you won't look back, you'll be looking for DIY jobs to take on :) Remember, YouTube is your friend.

Correct this year I’ve fitted a new kitchen, a new bathroom, redecorated my house, laid two patio’s, replaced the brake pads on my car, serviced my daughter’s car, rebuilt my ride on mower and hung not one but two tv brackets. Oh also fitted an outside tap for useless mates.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I find looking UP to watch TV very bizarre, and I'm COOL and YOUNG.

I had a chap put my 42" plasma TV up on the wall a number of years ago. Not a job I would have wanted to do myself ... but then plasma TVs are much heavier than more modern OLED TVs.

But over time I realised I just didn't like looking up ... even though it was only slightly. I'm sure it gave me neck ache!

Bought a new bigger OLED TV 18 months ago and took that as the opportunity to do away with the wall bracket ... fill the holes in ... and the TV is now on a decent wooden unit at the perfect height!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here