Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And we struggle to sing GOSBTS in time...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yes - I had to reset my clapping a couple of times, and in the end wasn't sure whether to go along with the music or the fans...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why do people clap along to Sussex by the sea? Is it because they don’t know the words?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Perhaps along with the tinpot idea of putting the words on the big screen we need to go really tinpot and have one of those little bouncing balls to say when to sing the words FFS

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps along with the tinpot idea of putting the words on the big screen we need to go really tinpot and have one of those little bouncing balls to say when to sing the words FFS

What we need is someone on the pitch with a microphone, singing it like they do with the national anthem at cup finals.

We could invite local celebrity vocalists:

Little Leo Sayer would be a big favourite among the [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] contingent

I'd prefer Andrew Birch (The Last Cry)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Who ever was voted onto the fans forum needs to lead with this, the words on the screens make us look tinpot.
Fanzone needs a reboot too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Good God. As in the local goth band, first active late 80s?

I watched them a few times with a goth mate from school who was a bit of an uber fan (and also 6ft 5 and many, many stone of American Football playing muscle, so he didn't get much grief for being a goth).

They had a song that contained a couple of lines about the glories of drink driving I believe. We might have been at the same gigs.

Anyhoo, back on topic the clapping too fast REALLY annoys me in a way that only ex or current drummers would understand. I have to stop. If the Saudis want to chop any hands off down here they can start with whoever it is that first ups the tempo unnecessarily.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Who ever was voted onto the fans forum needs to lead with this, the words on the screens make us look tinpot.
Fanzone needs a reboot too.

This 100000%

I'd go further than the Fanzone reboot - bin off Richie Reynolds completely and replace him with music. Imagine the money the club could save, Barber are you listening?

#reynoldsout

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good God. As in the local goth band, first active late 80s?

I watched them a few times with a goth mate from school who was a bit of an uber fan (and also 6ft 5 and many, many stone of American Football playing muscle, so he didn't get much grief for being a goth).

They had a song that contained a couple of lines about the glories of drink driving I believe. We might have been at the same gigs.

Anyhoo, back on topic the clapping too fast REALLY annoys me in a way that only ex or current drummers would understand. I have to stop. If the Saudis want to chop any hands off down here they can start with whoever it is that first ups the tempo unnecessarily.

Still going. Well, played a year or so ago.

I think the singer posts on NSC as [MENTION=4545]Easthill Andy[/MENTION]

This was uploaded in 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3r0W-VX2UI

Superb voice.

Edit: Brilliant album (what I've heard of it) available here:

https://thelastcryuk.bandcamp.com/album/lifeline-2

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still going. Well, played a year or so ago.

I think the singer posts on NSC as [MENTION=4545]Easthill Andy[/MENTION]

This was uploaded in 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3r0W-VX2UI

Superb voice.

I have a really nagging feeling we've discussed this on here before.

Unfortunately, I'm now of that age where my brain hard drive is full, and anything I add requires me to first delete other stuff. And I'm not in charge of what's deleted.

Anyway, if [MENTION=4545]Easthill Andy[/MENTION] is that singer and still on here then I'm the skinny drunk guy who was hanging out with AT over 30 years ago. I'm sure you remember. :moo:

Decent band though. Better than some of that Moldovan Vampire House shite you foist on us Hazza.

:moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's amazing. Chinese Olympic opening ceremony levels of choreography.

Agreed, that is amazing.

That Beijing Olympics opening ceremony I can remember being absolutely blown away by the massive fireworks footprints heading across the city towards the stadium. Turned out they were CGI. And the amazing little girl with the voice of an angel singing the Olympics anthem - that was dubbed, because the girl with the actual voice wasn't deemed pretty enough to be put on TV.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
What we need is someone on the pitch with a microphone, singing it like they do with the national anthem at cup finals.

Little Leo Sayer would be a big favourite among the [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] contingent

I think we should also do all 5 verses, if only because the 4th has the word "wooing" and introducing that back into the lexicon of the youth would be a fine thing.

"We're going MaccyD's. You coming or what?"
"Nah. Me and da boyz going wooing on West Street innit."

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Maybe Norman Wisdom???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a really nagging feeling we've discussed this on here before.

Unfortunately, I'm now of that age where my brain hard drive is full, and anything I add requires me to first delete other stuff. And I'm not in charge of what's deleted.

Anyway, if [MENTION=4545]Easthill Andy[/MENTION] is that singer and still on here then I'm the skinny drunk guy who was hanging out with AT over 30 years ago. I'm sure you remember. :moo:

Decent band though. Better than some of that Moldovan Vampire House shite you foist on us Hazza.

:moo:

Mate, your brain is fried. Your head is too near the sun. Wear a hat.

(I assume you are referring to North Macedonian techno wizzard, Blisaragon Demogorgon?

https://soundcloud.com/blisargon-demogorgon. Philistine. Cah!)

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here