Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Car Parking For Next Season

el punal

I need some advice on this. My daughter and grandson whom both have recently acquired season tickets live near London (the name I shall not mention . . . Croy . . ). She is looking for information regarding parking for match days, ideally with a ‘permit’ enabling her to park for all games rather than on an ad hoc basis match by match. I phoned the club regarding this and the chap I spoke to was unsure of the procedure and therefore was unable to help.

Is it possible to obtain a car parking season ticket for the University/Bridge Car Park or is that only available to 1901 members and guests of the club? Look forward to your replies. :cheers:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I need some advice on this. My daughter and grandson whom both have recently acquired season tickets live near London (the name I shall not mention . . . Croy . . ). She is looking for information regarding parking for match days, ideally with a ‘permit’ enabling her to park for all games rather than on an ad hoc basis match by match. I phoned the club regarding this and the chap I spoke to was unsure of the procedure and therefore was unable to help.

Is it possible to obtain a car parking season ticket for the University/Bridge Car Park or is that only available to 1901 members and guests of the club? Look forward to your replies. :cheers:

Unless they've mobility reasons - i'd recommend they used public transport. Its even with the train journey costs to HH far cheaper and quicker.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Can you not help them financially or maybe set up a crowdfund so they can move from Croydon ? Drove through last month it really is a dump .

el punal

Unless they've mobility reasons - i'd recommend they used public transport. Its even with the train journey costs to HH far cheaper and quicker.

Thanks, but my grandson is of school age and certainly for evening fixtures needs his beauty sleep for the following day! What they’ve found out this season (as we all have) is that Southern services are so unpredictable especially for mid-week fixtures. Add to that on several occasions going to/from London it’s kicked off on the train, especially after the game. My daughter therefore reckons it’ll be less stressful just to drive and park, despite the cost, rather than put up with the aggravation that they’ve encountered recently.

el punal

Can you not help them financially or maybe set up a crowdfund so they can move from Croydon ? Drove through last month it really is a dump .

Thanks for the advice! She thinks it’s a dump too. The fact is she lives in SOUTH Croydon on the Selsdon/Sanderstead border, leafy lane suburbs with Volvos and skinny latte coffee. Far from chavvy shithole arson country. :drink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks, but my grandson is of school age and certainly for evening fixtures needs his beauty sleep for the following day! What they’ve found out this season (as we all have) is that Southern services are so unpredictable especially for mid-week fixtures. Add to that on several occasions going to/from London it’s kicked off on the train, especially after the game. My daughter therefore reckons it’ll be less stressful just to drive and park, despite the cost, rather than put up with the aggravation that they’ve encountered recently.

Ha ! i understand. If parking is out of the picture at the Amex (its costly , difficult to get a place) . I'd recommend driving to Lewes and parking there. The train from Lewes to Falmer and back is free with your ticket, pretty quick , less likely to have any issues or incidents as fewer away fans. The East Croydon to Brighton , Brighton to Falmer route is more troublesome and boisterous ! (i took my sons from the age of 8 onwards on it for a decade with hardly any issues) and parking in Lewes is either free in evenings/sundays or cheap. If you leave after players have left pitch (i did for every game this season) - i was back in Lewes no more than 30/40 mins later. Either way. Good luck . I know a few Albion fans who live close to S***urst. Good on them.

Jul 7, 2003
In previous seasons, car park season tickets were available but not for this last one due to the issues with Bennett's Field etc.

I guess the club should have a better idea of plans for next season so they may bring them back unless they choose to keep it on a match by match basis as a way of increasing revenue.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In previous seasons, car park season tickets were available but not for this last one due to the issues with Bennett's Field etc.

I guess the club should have a better idea of plans for next season so they may bring them back unless they choose to keep it on a match by match basis as a way of increasing revenue.

Now this is a helpful post

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The club hasn't provided information about parking for next season yet which is probably in no small part due to the uncertainty around Bennett's Field and their planning application for student flats there. Either they source a private space (parking on someone in Coldean's drive) or they wait until the club updates parking info for the 22/23 season. They used to offer parking season tickets but didn't for this season just gone. Hopefully they'll have a longer term view for next season and offer them again.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I used to have a Car Park season ticket, but obvs this season the club only sold parking on a match-by-match basis. Initially I thought it would be an absolute pain, but in fact I've found it works well. Parking goes on sale at the same time as the match tickets. You have to be quick, as they sell out quickly, but there always appears to be extra put on sale in the week or so before the game. I have never failed to get a car park space. And it's worked out cheaper, as I have only bought parking for the matches I've attended (whereas with a season ticket I obviously paid for every match, but couldn't always go).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I used to have a Car Park season ticket, but obvs this season the club only sold parking on a match-by-match basis. Initially I thought it would be an absolute pain, but in fact I've found it works well. Parking goes on sale at the same time as the match tickets. You have to be quick, as they sell out quickly, but there always appears to be extra put on sale in the week or so before the game. I have never failed to get a car park space. And it's worked out cheaper, as I have only bought parking for the matches I've attended (whereas with a season ticket I obviously paid for every match, but couldn't always go).

Agreed - buying parking tickets hasn't been difficult at all, although you probably need to be working in a job (or not working) that will allow you to hop online at the right times.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ha ! i understand. If parking is out of the picture at the Amex (its costly , difficult to get a place) . I'd recommend driving to Lewes and parking there. The train from Lewes to Falmer and back is free with your ticket, pretty quick , less likely to have any issues or incidents as fewer away fans. The East Croydon to Brighton , Brighton to Falmer route is more troublesome and boisterous ! (i took my sons from the age of 8 onwards on it for a decade with hardly any issues) and parking in Lewes is either free in evenings/sundays or cheap. If you leave after players have left pitch (i did for every game this season) - i was back in Lewes no more than 30/40 mins later. Either way. Good luck . I know a few Albion fans who live close to S***urst. Good on them.

The few times I've tried in the last few seasons to Train it from Eastbourne (obs travelling through or changing at Lewes) have been far from the way you describe. When you did that, were we in the championship with smaller gates? The last game I travelled to Falmer, we were held in a queue of more than a few thousand people at Lewes and only just made it to the game in time despite leaving Eastbourne almost 2 hours before. My mate left Eastbouirne an hour after me but got a seat on the later train which I had to join and stand on. I am sure hundreds were left and would have missed kick-off as the queue was still immense twenty five minutes before the game as we were loaded onto the train. I haven't had any great experience getting back either, southern are useless imo and often send 4 carriage trains.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The few times I've tried in the last few seasons to Train it from Eastbourne (obs travelling through or changing at Lewes) have been far from the way you describe. When you did that, were we in the championship with smaller gates? The last game I travelled to Falmer, we were held in a queue of more than a few thousand people at Lewes and only just made it to the game in time despite leaving Eastbourne almost 2 hours before. My mate left Eastbouirne an hour after me but got a seat on the later train which I had to join and stand on. I am sure hundreds were left and would have missed kick-off as the queue was still immense twenty five minutes before the game as we were loaded onto the train. I haven't had any great experience getting back either, southern are useless imo and often send 4 carriage trains.

I don’t know what it’s like to go from/to Eastbourne / my experience is Lewes - Falmer and I shared it in good faith. I’ve done the trip 250 times now for nearly every home game in the last decade. . I’ve never missed kick off and there has been only been a more than 1 hour delay coming back a couple of times in the last 10 years . But it’s nearly always 30-40 mins getting back. . I do tend to give myself a decent amount of time - normally get to station about an hour or more before KO. But I never leave until all players have left pitch. You do have to queue and if it’s bad weather and/or if you have young kids (I did but not anymore) - you risk being cold/wet if stuck on the bridge for a bit.

I know it’s not the thing to say the train service on here is pretty reasonable but imo - it is. But it’s clearly not the same travelling to other stations and at different times

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I nearly always use the Park and Ride nowadays and it works well for me. It's true the Mill Road one fills up a long time before games, and there are long queues for the buses after games, so I use the Racecourse one and have never failed to park there. If you come back past the stadium on the way home, you can join the A27 at Falmer and then the A23, though you might face a bit of a queue in Woodingdean Road (I go Tenantry Down Road, Bear Road, Bevendean Road and Coombe Road to Lewes Road on the way back, though that route's not convenient if you need to go west on the A27). I think they also had a Park and Ride at Hickstead a few times, didn't they? I haven't used it, but perhaps others could confirm.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As a result of the switch from season tickets to ad hoc, I have had a parking place at The Bridge for every match I attended. If the club had stuck to parking season tickets I would have missed out. Thumbs up from me for ad hoc parking and you will be fine if the club continues on this basis.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I think matters will become clearer once the Bennett's Field planning application has been heard.

If the student accommodation is rejected, I would think/hope that the club would negotiate with the owner(s) to once again use the carpark for 1901 members - thus releasing the Uni for more parking - as you say the club may well keep it for sale on match by match basis as it's clearly a bigger earner than ST for parking...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The trains are increasingly vile and just taking the piss. Three trains an hour for a 30k crowd last Sunday and at least one of them was three carriages. Disgustingly not fit for purpose

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The trains are increasingly vile and just taking the piss. Three trains an hour for a 30k crowd last Sunday and at least one of them was three carriages. Disgustingly not fit for purpose

I’ve just renewed my Seagulls Travel Season ticket for this very reason at a cost.

It’s a shame my paid for travel subsidy cannot be reallocated to the official club partner

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I’ve just renewed my Seagulls Travel Season ticket for this very reason at a cost.

It’s a shame my paid for travel subsidy cannot be reallocated to the official club partner

I haven't renewed mine with Seagulls Travel yet as the price has jumped for next season ... which I understand with fuel costs ... but we had a number of issues this season which is currently holding me back and got me looking at other options. All options have drawbacks and so I expect I will renew ... but I've emailed Darren with some questions which I'm waiting to hear back on first.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I haven't renewed mine with Seagulls Travel yet as the price has jumped for next season ... which I understand with fuel costs ... but we had a number of issues this season which is currently holding me back and got me looking at other options. All options have drawbacks and so I expect I will renew ... but I've emailed Darren with some questions which I'm waiting to hear back on first.

I think the only thing that would have come close for a comparison would have been some certainty on a parking season ticket. I used the Bridge twice this season before using ST and both times took ages to get out and wasn’t worth it. No idea of previous Seasonal parking costs but found ST to be cheaper than the adhoc car tickets

We have been very lucky on our coach this season and had no issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here