Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Is this joke offensive?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Attended a dinner in London night.

One of the Comedian's gags was...…

"I went to the Doctors last week and he said I've now got to have a pacemaker, so I've a got little Kenyan bloke comes everywhere with me now"

As one of the organisers of the dinner I was approached at the end and told by a guest they found that gag had crossed the line.

No doubt I will get flamed on here by some, but sorry with all that's currently going on in the country and the world in general, are we danger of becoming a little too precious?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How is that offensive? It's quite amusing to me :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You're definitely too precious! :lolol:

Every single time someone gets offended, you get offended and start a thread about it.

It's a shit joke period.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
As offensive as the adebayor chant. So you're either offended by both or neither

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You're definitely too precious! :lolol:

Every single time someone gets offended, you get offended and start a thread about it.

It's a shit joke period.

When the guy came over I thought he was joking, I told him not to complain in writing as the binmen have only just gone back to work in Worthing and there's a backlog of waste.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is going to turn into a binfest isn't it?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It’s not inciting hatred or violence against Kenyans or suggesting they are in any way inferior to other people so no it’s not offensive. Perhaps it might be to some Guardian readers who are looking to get offended every time someone makes a joke done in the right spirit but not to most sensible people who are intelligent enough to understand what is innocent humour and what is something more unkind .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Attended a dinner in London night.

One of the Comedian's gags was...…

"I went to the Doctors last week and he said I've now got to have a pacemaker, so I've a got little Kenyan bloke comes everywhere with me now"

Surely there's been a mix up between the GP and the hospital? I imagine what the after dinner speaker required was a medical device that generates electrical impulses delivered by electrodes to cause the heart muscle chambers to contract and therefore pump blood to regulate the function of the electrical conduction system of the heart? Still, I imagine the company will be nice.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Surely there's been a mix up between the GP and the hospital? I imagine what the after dinner speaker required was a medical device that generates electrical impulses delivered by electrodes to cause the heart muscle chambers to contract and therefore pump blood to regulate the function of the electrical conduction system of the heart? Still, I imagine the company will be nice.
Who pays his wages? no wonder the NHS is so short of cash.

Last edited:

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
It's racial stereotyping, so yes it's an offensive racist joke that you'd expect to hear from Jim Davidson and it's depressing that no one else can see it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There are some people on this planet that make it their business to find offence in everything they possibly can.

I don't read this as a slur on doctors, Kenyans or little people.
Could of changed "Kenyan" for "bloke in trainers, running shorts & vest" to smooth the snowflakes

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here