Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White's Season......

How's Ben White feeling about his move?

• Looking forward to Europa League football

Votes: 92 74.2%
  • Thinking your old club have enjoyed their season much more than your new one

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Just grateful Leeds stayed up

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Enjoying counting his money and looking forward to a nice holiday?
I think with a better team around him next season he will be looking forward to a few honours and some international football. Life must be pretty good.

That and the fact he has previously commented that he never watches football at home, and has little interest in it, other than playing.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Really?

Their fans losing it on social media because they underachieved and finished below Spurs compared with the massively positive atmosphere yesterday and our best ever season? Sure, he's at a bigger club, earning more money etc, but I don't reckon he's got a warm glow about this season.

They've failed compared to us, but at least he can go to Ayia Napa with his mate Kalvin and they can tell each other they're still Premier League footballers.

I doubt he's even given us much thought to be honest, beyond being happy for his former teammates that they've done well. I don't think it matters that Arsenal have underachieved relative to us - in absolute terms, he's playing for a team higher in the league, next year he'll be playing European football, and has a much better chance of being involved in the world cup. It's been a hugely positive move for him.

He's still fairly young and presumably ambitious, I imagine he's looking forward rather than back.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't know the fella personally, but i'd be amazed if he's given us or Leeds more of a cursory thought.

He'll certainly be hoping to play in the upcoming England games and make a case for inclusion at the world cup, i'd guess that's where his brain is

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
None of it. Obviously don't know him but he doesn't strike me as a particularly sentimental person.

So it's alright for Arsenal fans to be pissy about their season on social media, that he'll inevitably read, but not for us to criticise Connolly?

Either young players read social media and react to it psychologically, or they don't :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He was much more important in a Potter set up than he is at Arsenal. We have missed him this season imo

Was he? Have we?

We sold £63 million worth of defenders this season* and conceded fewer goals than last time round.

*I still can't get over the thought of what that would have sounded like to any of us ten or fifteen years ago :ohmy:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As seasons go he's been OK although I still think he is better in a back three with licence to get forward - basically the Joel Veltman role.

I think we need to consider where we would be without that £50 million transfer fee, and would we have been able to bring in Cucurella and Mwepu.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was he? Have we?

We sold £63 million worth of defenders this season* and conceded fewer goals than last time round.

*I still can't get over the thought of what that would have sounded like to any of us ten or fifteen years ago :ohmy:

Yes, like we missed Webster when injured. He can bring a ball out of defence and hit accurate passes. Well I think we missed that for big chunks of the season anyway

And no, I never dreamed we’d be this good even three seasons ago, let alone selling players for 50 million

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He comes from emotional rollercoaster school of football support, for my sins that’s me too. Five famous wins over the then top 8 in the last few fixtures have got us carried away.

Goal celebrations when watching from the sofa are a pet and family-scaring roar.

If Guinness Boy had played as a pro, this is how he’d have celebrated a goal:

Whereas you’re in the steadily positive camp with Bold Seagull :bowdown:.

I’ll take that.:thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, like we missed Webster when injured. He can bring a ball out of defence and hit accurate passes. Well I think we missed that for big chunks of the season anyway

And no, I never dreamed we’d be this good even three seasons ago, let alone selling players for 50 million

We did miss him, sometimes. Then again we've played the last few games without him and largely did outstandingly well, so who knows?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So it's alright for Arsenal fans to be pissy about their season on social media, that he'll inevitably read, but not for us to criticise Connolly?

Either young players read social media and react to it psychologically, or they don't :shrug:

Umm what?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Silly thread. Best wishes for some Europe excitement, Ben. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really?

Their fans losing it on social media because they underachieved and finished below Spurs compared with the massively positive atmosphere yesterday and our best ever season? Sure, he's at a bigger club, earning more money etc, but I don't reckon he's got a warm glow about this season.

They've failed compared to us, but at least he can go to Ayia Napa with his mate Kalvin and they can tell each other they're still Premier League footballers.

Nah. I wouldn't buy that if offered it with a lifetime warranty and a free subscription to Doris Vardy's personal 'uncensored' blogstream.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He looks very happy where he is.

He always did seem to look pretty happy.

I'm not sure he's had a great season - the fans don't seem to have taken to him; almost as if, why would we buy a player form Brighton, FFS. Would rather have kept Wiliam Saliba (and the £50 million quid). Southgate doesn't seem any closer to abandoning Slabhead and Mings and co. either.

Gets an OK ride in the press though, and Arteta seems to have faith in him (and of course he's rolling in wonga that most of us can't even imagine, which, however cynical you may be, can make a lot of difference!)

Overall I think I'd plump for 'Satisfactory, could do better'.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Really?

Yes, really. I could be wrong but I honestly don’t see how he’s going to think the move was bad for his career. He’s got European football and a realistic attempt at getting into the top 4 next season to look forward to, we don’t.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He always did seem to look pretty happy.

I'm not sure he's had a great season - the fans don't seem to have taken to him; almost as if, why would we buy a player form Brighton, FFS. Would rather have kept Wiliam Saliba (and the £50 million quid). Southgate doesn't seem any closer to abandoning Slabhead and Mings and co. either.

Gets an OK ride in the press though, and Arteta seems to have faith in him (and of course he's rolling in wonga that most of us can't even imagine, which, however cynical you may be, can make a lot of difference!)

Overall I think I'd plump for 'Satisfactory, could do better'.

Arsenal ST I know don’t stop raving about him and think they got a bargain. Of course there are a lot of armchair fans on Twitter etc associated with top 6 clubs that turn toxic on all their players and arsenal have a few more obvious ones owing to the number of idiots who appear on AFTV.

He will do well there and I don’t imagine he has looked back he seems very ambitious and is probably looking to next season to up his performance again and get into the World Cup squad.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Enjoying counting his money and looking forward to a nice holiday?
I think with a better team around him next season he will be looking forward to a few honours and some international football. Life must be pretty good.

By the standards he set with us, he has had a poor season. I imagine it's taken time to adjust to being a very small fish. I wish him well for next season but not against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here