Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White's Season......

How's Ben White feeling about his move?

• Looking forward to Europa League football

Votes: 92 74.2%
  • Thinking your old club have enjoyed their season much more than your new one

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Just grateful Leeds stayed up

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I guess the money would cushion the blow but do we reckon that our Ben might have been casting a slightly green eye at our recent games, given his big team have finished below their local rivals and into the "shit" European competition? Or is it enough to be working in a team with such a clear team spirit and positive, non-entitled fans as Arsenal?

:moo:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Enjoying counting his money and looking forward to a nice holiday?
I think with a better team around him next season he will be looking forward to a few honours and some international football. Life must be pretty good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was thinking about this the other day. IMO he would have had a better season here than he’s had at Arsenal but a smaller bank balance :smile:

He was much more important in a Potter set up than he is at Arsenal. We have missed him this season imo

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I reckon over doubling his wages, mansion in Hertfordshire and an absolutely stunning girlfriend probably helped soften the blow

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I guess the money would cushion the blow but do we reckon that our Ben might have been casting a slightly green eye at our recent games, given his big team have finished below their local rivals and into the "shit" European competition? Or is it enough to be working in a team with such a clear team spirit and positive, non-entitled fans as Arsenal?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don’t expect he is overly bothered. I doubt he looks at the two seasons between our clubs and thinks we’ve done better than he has.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I reckon over doubling his wages, mansion in Hertfordshire and an absolutely stunning girlfriend probably helped soften the blow

Probably sitting in his solarium wondering where it all went wrong :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Vast income, 60,000 prettendances, European football next season (albeit in the lesser trophy), life in London (members only bars & clubs, mixing with big heads), enjoying that winning feeling 22 times compared to 12, and a far greater chance of Southgate taking him seriously

I doubt he thinks that much about us at all.

In senior football terms, he was only with us for 5 minutes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Vast income, 60,000 prettendances, European football next season (albeit in the lesser trophy), life in London (members only bars & clubs, mixing with big heads), enjoying that winning feeling 22 times compared to 12, and a far greater chance of Southgate taking him seriously

I doubt he thinks that much about us at all.

In senior football terms, he was only with us for 5 minutes.

Adding in being part of the youngest team in the Premier League this season probably gives him some hope for the future ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Adding in being part of the youngest team in the Premier League probably also gives him some hope for the future ???

Loads of folk in their 20’s and 30’s love life in (and around) London. With Paris and Manhattan, centres of world civilisation, nightlife, high end shopping, fashion, the overall buzz.

I can see that, it’s exciting.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Loads of folk in their 20’s and 30’s love life in (and around) London. With Paris and Manhattan, centres of world civilisation, nightlife, high end shopping, fashion, the overall buzz.

I can see that, it’s exciting.

I know the town of Brighton is brilliant and this season we have been excellent, but I think [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] may have got a little carried away on the pop before he started this thread. I think he has wisely had an early night :wink:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I really don’t think having finished 5th and 18 points ahead of us that he’s wishing he stayed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know the town of Brighton is brilliant and this season we have been excellent, but I think @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=616" target="_blank">Guinness Boy</a></u> may have got a little carried away on the pop before he started this thread. I think he has wisely had an early night :wink:

He comes from the emotional rollercoaster school of football support, for my sins that’s me too. Five famous wins over the then top 8 in the last few fixtures have got us carried away.

Goal celebrations when watching from the sofa are a pet and family-scaring roar.

If Guinness Boy had played as a pro, this is how he’d have celebrated a goal:

Whereas you’re in the steadily positive camp with Bold Seagull :bowdown:.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I know the town of Brighton is brilliant and this season we have been excellent, but I think [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] may have got a little carried away on the pop before he started this thread. I think he has wisely had an early night :wink:

Not at all, You're the one that's on holiday.

I think we've had a far better season, relative to expectations than Arsenal. Don't you?

The Leeds gag is mandatory.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I really don’t think having finished 5th and 18 points ahead of us that he’s wishing he stayed.

Really?

Their fans losing it on social media because they underachieved and finished below Spurs compared with the massively positive atmosphere yesterday and our best ever season? Sure, he's at a bigger club, earning more money etc, but I don't reckon he's got a warm glow about this season.

They've failed compared to us, but at least he can go to Ayia Napa with his mate Kalvin and they can tell each other they're still Premier League footballers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here