Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre season plans

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am surprised with how well we did this season that we haven’t been invited to some of the international club tournaments!

There are comps with loads of the best teams throughout the world.

But I assume we will have gillingham, Crawley and Luton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am surprised with how well we did this season that we haven’t been invited to some of the international club tournaments!

Wot, no Worthing?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In Holland clubs always play the first friendly against some amateur/non-league team. The players get a confidence boost, the fans get to see a lot of goals and the amateur club gets all the matchday income. Should be done in more countries.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I would have thought a game against USG would have been arranged however not sure if they would already be involved in their Champions League qualifiers???

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In Holland clubs always play the first friendly against some amateur/non-league team. The players get a confidence boost, the fans get to see a lot of goals and the amateur club gets all the matchday income. Should be done in more countries.

We used to. Worthing, Lewes, Crawley were the only pre season games worth going to. Went to Woking one year as well.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I would have thought a game against USG would have been arranged however not sure if they would already be involved in their Champions League qualifiers???

They’ll start their Champions League in the 3rd qualifying round which is played on 2nd/3rd and 9th August. However the Belgian League starts late July, at least a week, possibly 2 weeks before the start of the Premier League so it could be difficult to arrange a friendly as pre season schedules are likely to be a bit different.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We still have it but send the U18s I think

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Talking of friendlies, just wonder what the club will do with the mid season break due to the World Cup in November/December next season, as the players who are not involved will want to retain some level of match fitness. Given the winter period maybe the club will consider a tour to Asia/Australia or warmer American states.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Annoyingly, down here we get Palace and Manure, along with Leeds doing something as well.

Barber Out.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Played Maidstone 10 yrs back, 5.0 win. Nice short journey for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here