Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tony Bloom is quite good at this football club chairman thing isn't he?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Brighton and Hove Albion men's team, 16th in League 1 (third tier) when he took over in 2009, now 9th in Premier League.

Brighton and Hove Albion women's team, 10th in National League Southern division (third tier) when he took over in 2009, now 7th in Women's super league.

Union St Gilloise, 6th in Belgian First Division B (2nd tier) when he took over in 2018, now 2nd in Belgian First Division A.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He's an excellent chairman who has backed his appointees. Hope Powell seems particularly fortunate to be in her job but I doubt there were serious discussions about removing her from the role and hopefully she's backed in the summer to replace the whole host of players who have left the club, disappointingly including the wonderfully charming Emily Simpkins.

On the men's side, we'll see how the loss of Dan Ashworth impacts our business this summer.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And the stadium. A master stroke.

Not forgetting Lancing training centre, all we need now is a bigger stadium and to bring Brighton Ladies back to Brighton, hate going to Crawley at the best of times.

Apart from that what else has he done.

Albion in the community perhaps.

His biggest achievement is having Brighton Blue & White Buses, always brings a smile to my cheeky face,

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Not forgetting Lancing training centre, all we need now is a bigger stadium and to bring Brighton Ladies back to Brighton, hate going to Crawley at the best of times.

His biggest achievement is having Brighton Blue & White Buses, always brings a smile to my cheeky face,

Village Way South?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Without Tony’s huge financial backing coupled with his shrewd business sense , I doubt BHA would even still be in the football league let alone a top 10 PL club with a fab stadium and fab training ground . Lucky to have Tony is probably the understatement of the year .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, yes, but apart from the stadium, the training ground, the continuity, the community element, the recruitment and the results, what has he actually done for us? Eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Would love to see the training ground pitch developed into a proper mini stadium for the youth teams and womens team - can it be expanded ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here