Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 9th April 2022: Arsenal 1 - 2 Brighton - Brighton secure Premier League survival

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, it turns out that Enoch Mwepu's 66th minute strike at The Emirates on 9th April in game 31 of the season was the goal that clinched the points that clinched another season of Premier League football for Albion.

I know during that sticky patch a few of us thought that 34 points may well prove to be enough. That wasn't the case. 36 points (or 35 points and a goal difference of -18 or better) would have been sufficient.

Didn't we play well in the final seven fixtures when the pressure was off? 😂

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought 36 points would see us safe, and so it proved, it would have been an unbearable end to the season though if we'd picked up no more points thereafter!

The direction of the season turned after the superb performances against Arsenal and Tottenham, our form was very good ever since those games, and we could have easily won all of our remaining games, Man City aside. Southampton we blew it as we did against Leeds when Welbeck could have secured the win.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Last nine games only defeat City. 51 points 16 above relegation,Brilliant finish to the season.

Bring on next season !!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When people during our awful patch were talking confidently about 34 points being enough I was always a bit sceptical, so it proved

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
At that point, it was one of those things were we could have gone on a run like CHs last season where we couldnt get a win or draw and so almost imploded. I was quite worried tbh, the results and whre we would finish.

But all credit goes to GPott who turned us around and got the team back into winning ways. Last few games we have looked a totally different team, with exactly the same players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here