Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Anyone see him being shaped as a Dan Burn mark 2 when he comes back off loan?

GP does seem to be able to shape players into what the team needs.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Nope.

Think Webster will keep the LCB spot as he likes to play there and is almost... bipedal (this is not the word but I'm sure you get it).

We'd say two footed but I get what you mean.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I know very little about football and attend matches largely to make lots of noise and sometimes drink many beers beforehand. As such I am not qualified to talk about Matt Clarke.

However I did see Matt Alwright filming in front of The Amex before yesterday's game, no idea what that was all about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nope.

Think Webster will keep the LCB spot as he likes to play there and is almost... bipedal (this is not the word but I'm sure you get it).

Ambipedal.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Well done. "Ambipedal" is more accurate than 'ambidextrous'.

'Ambidextrous' means "Right-handed, on both sides".
You could wish someone a right-handed day, dexter means 'favorable', as well as 'right-handed'
The Romans had a horror of lefties (sinister = left-handed),

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think Clarke's future depends on what happens with Cucurella

So if Cucu stays, then I think GP will count him as a centre back option (at LCB).

To get through the season, I reckon we need 5 CB's, plus 1 from the u23s who can cover for carabao, etc.

My take is that big Shane will be sold, Ostigard will be sold, Roberts will go on loan and that Van Hecke is currently above Clarke

So that leaves the 5 spots, as Dunk, Webby, Veltman, Van Hecke and Cucu. (one of either Turns, Offiah, or Tsongui, will stay in the u23s).

If Cucu is also sold, then in addition to being a wing back short, we'll also be a CB short. This is one of the reasons, I think we'll only accept a ludicrous offer. In those circumstances I can see us promoting Clarke. Not ideal as it will be tough for him to get much football

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Van Hecke is probably ahead of Matt Clarke in the pecking order - but Clarke is a leftie, which changes the situation. I don't know what his contract situation is, but if Roberts is on the production line, so to speak (and I'm starting to have doubts; he seems to have stalled this season) he'll definatey need a season out on a decent loan, and I wouldn't mind Clarke as cover for a year while Roberts is away - and who knows? BDB-like, he might just get a chance and grab it!

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Clarke's future depends on what happens with Cucurella

So if Cucu stays, then I think GP will count him as a centre back option (at LCB).

To get through the season, I reckon we need 5 CB's, plus 1 from the u23s who can cover for carabao, etc.

My take is that big Shane will be sold, Ostigard will be sold, Roberts will go on loan and that Van Hecke is currently above Clarke

So that leaves the 5 spots, as Dunk, Webby, Veltman, Van Hecke and Cucu. (one of either Turns, Offiah, or Tsongui, will stay in the u23s).

If Cucu is also sold, then in addition to being a wing back short, we'll also be a CB short. This is one of the reasons, I think we'll only accept a ludicrous offer. In those circumstances I can see us promoting Clarke. Not ideal as it will be tough for him to get much football

All fair logic, but assumes that we won't just go out and buy another one. CBs are catnip to the Albion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well done. "Ambipedal" is more accurate than 'ambidextrous'.

'Ambidextrous' means "Right-handed, on both sides".
You could wish someone a right-handed day, dexter means 'favorable', as well as 'right-handed'
The Romans had a horror of lefties (sinister = left-handed),

Not just the Romans. In my dad's generation left handed kids were forced to learn to write right handed.

This is interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_against_left-handed_people

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
isnt that less than we paid for him?? surely that cant be right?

One of the biggest transfers in the championship this window! They are all skint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here