Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Summer 2022 players other clubs signed, aka "Why weren't we in for him?" thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Summer 2022 players other clubs signed, aka "Why weren't we in for him?" thread

Aston Villa first up with 22-y-o French midfielder Boubacar Kamara on a contract-run-down free from Marseille.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's unacceptable how far behind we are. Why, some team even went and bought a striker from a top Belgian club back in January FFS!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd like to see a list of the 2021 summer signings which we complained we weren't in for, and how they actually did.

We know we were in for Nunez, and he seemed to do alright. But the ones we weren't in for?

There was Eduoard, played 31, goals 6. Afam Armstrong, played 28, goals 2. Who else comes to mind?

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Villa not after Bissouma now then ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'd like to see a list of the 2021 summer signings which we complained we weren't in for, and how they actually did.

We know we were in for Nunez, and he seemed to do alright. But the ones we weren't in for?

There was Eduoard, played 31, goals 6. Afam Armstrong, played 28, goals 2. Who else comes to mind?

Nunez doing more than alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Blackburn Rovers have triggered the one-year option in Ben Brereton Diaz's contract.
The Chilean was out of contract this summer and will now see his deal extended by a further year. There has been widespread interest in the forward after he scored 22 goals in the Championship this season.

Will we back in for this fella, I think he is not even on our radar anymore.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If Villa signing Kamara means it’s one less club trying to take Biss then they’re welcome to him..

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What about that Paraguayan wonderkid?!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Guessing not but equally surely his advisors can’t justify a move to them on the basis of ambition?! Unless he really wants to play for the world’s best pub player and alongside Countinho.

By ambition they generally mean weekly wage …

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Blackburn Rovers have triggered the one-year option in Ben Brereton Diaz's contract.
The Chilean was out of contract this summer and will now see his deal extended by a further year. There has been widespread interest in the forward after he scored 22 goals in the Championship this season.

Will we back in for this fella, I think he is not even on our radar anymore.

I’m sceptical about this guy. Poor scoring record before this season. Last time I looked something like 11 of his 22 goals were against teams who finished in the bottom 5/6 of the Championship. & when the leagues top scorer is on over 40, 22 goals in 46 games isn’t that impressive.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Danny Ings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here