Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Albion v West 'am

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not seen one (although jaded this morning, for obvious reasons), so here's mine...

Sanchez 7
Veltman 9.5 MoM
Dunk 8
Webster 8.5
Cucurella 8
Gross 8.5
Mac allister 8.5
Bissouma 7
Caicedo 8
March 8
Wellbeck 9

Maupay 8.5
Lamptey 8
Mwepu 7

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sanchez 7 Didn't have that much to do, had no chance with the goal, but made some very confident catches to ease the pressure on the defence
Veltman 9 Superb. Kept Antonio very quiet and arguably had one of his best games. £900k? What a signing
Dunk 7.5 Shrugged off by Antonio far too easily for their goal, but overall a good performance
Webster 8.5 Won almost every header in the first half and grew in stature as the game went on. So much better as a starter than as a sub
Cucurella 8 Up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down. The man never stops running up and down that wing
Gross 8.5 Once again proving his worth with a great assist and a frankly superb goal. Get that contract in the post
Mac Allister 8.5 With every passing game, I love him a little more. Dropped back into Bissouma's role and was so, so dominant. His ability to play all across the midfield is undervalued to me
Bissouma 6.5 Not his best game if I'm honest, which is a real shame if it's his last appearance for us. Gave the ball away too often. Just an off day
Caicedo 8 Another one who had a great day at the office. Even in a poor first half, he was one of our better players and is going to become quite some player
March 8 Similar to Cucurella: Non stop running and a real nuisance. Every time he's written off, he comes back stronger
Welbeck 9 Dynamic, energetic and intelligent forward play. Could (and maybe should) have had a hat trick, but deserved his goal at the end for another industrious display

Maupay 8.5 Changed the game when he came on. Simple as that
Lamptey 7 Brought extra energy on the right after he came on
Mwepu 7 Clever touches, good movement. Excited to see what he can do next season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sanchez 7 Didn't have that much to do, had no chance with the goal, but made some very confident catches to ease the pressure on the defence
Veltman 9 Superb. Kept Antonio very quiet and arguably had one of his best games. £900k? What a signing
Dunk 7.5 Shrugged off by Antonio far too easily for their goal, but overall a good performance
Webster 8.5 Won almost every header in the first half and grew in stature as the game went on. So much better as a starter than as a sub
Cucurella 8 Up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down. The man never stops running up and down that wing
Gross 8.5 Once again proving his worth with a great assist and a frankly superb goal. Get that contract in the post
Mac Allister 8.5 With every passing game, I love him a little more. Dropped back into Bissouma's role and was so, so dominant. His ability to play all across the midfield is undervalued to me
Bissouma 6.5 Not his best game if I'm honest, which is a real shame if it's his last appearance for us. Gave the ball away too often. Just an off day
Caicedo 8 Another one who had a great day at the office. Even in a poor first half, he was one of our better players and is going to become quite some player
March 8 Similar to Cucurella: Non stop running and a real nuisance. Every time he's written off, he comes back stronger
Welbeck 9 Dynamic, energetic and intelligent forward play. Could (and maybe should) have had a hat trick, but deserved his goal at the end for another industrious display

Maupay 8.5 Changed the game when he came on. Simple as that
Lamptey 7 Brought extra energy on the right after he came on
Mwepu 7 Clever touches, good movement. Excited to see what he can do next season

Excellent summary.

Happy to agree with all of your scores, but would just add a couple of notes:

Dunk - agree he should have been stronger for the goal, but it was a clear foul by Antonio, and poor from (an unusually decent) Kevin Friend to miss it

Bissouma - agreed he was poor by his stellar standards - caught on the ball 3 times. he was apparently sick all week and had not trained, so maybe understandable that he was below par.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’d actually give Veltman a 10.
With that goal I simply don’t know what else he could’ve done.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[I have taken into account the first 45, where I thought we played pretty well]:

Sanchez 8 - coped well with the Moyes obsession of 30 crosses/corners to Soucek.

Veltman 10 MOTM, I'm so biased :lolol:
Dunk 8.5 - coped well with the Moyes obsession of 30 crosses/corners to Soucek.
Webster 8.5 - coped well with the Moyes obsession of 30 crosses/corners to Soucek.
Cucurella 8.5

Gross 9
Mac Allister 9
Bissouma 7 - love him, but a few lazy passes led to danger.
Caicedo 9
March 8

Welbeck 9.5

Maupay 8.5
Lamptey 7
Mwepu 7

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Not seen one (although jaded this morning, for obvious reasons), so here's mine...

Sanchez 7
Veltman 9.5 MoM
Dunk 8
Webster 8.5
Cucurella 8
Gross 8.5
Mac allister 8.5
Bissouma 7
Caicedo 8
March 8
Wellbeck 9

Maupay 8.5
Lamptey 8
Mwepu 7

Exactly the same for me. Saves me typing it! Veltman was magnificent.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We were as a team poor in 1st half. Good subs that made a difference

Sanchez 7 Little to do
Veltman 9 Very good
Dunk 8 Good game Out muscled for goal
Webster 8 Good game
Cucurela 6 Great when we were on top 2nd half but why did he give Bowen so much room in 1st half
March 6 Poor apart from lay off for Veltman. Needs to learn from Cucurella best to look up before crossing
Bissouma 5 Many others would have got 5 if just marked on 1st half
Mac 7 Good 2nd half. For the good positions he gets into should be testing keeper more
Welbeck 7 So much better then Maupay as lone striker but 2nd home game in a row missed absolute sitter
Gross 8 Good 2nd half and up 1 for great goal
Maupay 7 To many poor lay offs but did well and made a difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here