Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Position vs Wage bill

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
An excellent tweet from [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] showing how well we have over-performed relative to our wage bill. Notably, West Ham and Brentford also provide amazing value for money.

Unsurprisingly, Everton look the worst value.

[tweet]1528616681349779456[/tweet]

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It shows Watford but not Norwich or Brentford despite all coming up together?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Click the link Norwich and Brentford are both on there, just cut off by the tweet window.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As usual most teams end up somewhere around three positions of the wages spent, with 2-3 teams "breaking the rules". Not uncommon that newcomers staying up are one of these rule breakers... Not sure if these numbers takes things like signing Christian Eriksen and extending multiple contracts into account but still impressive from Brentford.

And laughable from Everton obviously. Looking at their squad it is pretty difficult to understand what the hell they are spending all that money on.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Surprised that Arsenal and Spurs are so far behind the top four on wages ...
Brighton’s league position shows that our players are giving excellent value to the club. It shows that at the executive level, we are a very well run club.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
That is an interesting table, but mostly shows you get what you pay for. Top 6 in payers, top 6 in league. Brentford being the exception at the other end.

Encouraging to see us among those higher than what we pay.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Brighton’s league position shows that our players are giving excellent value to the club. It shows that at the executive level, we are a very well run club.
It kind of does but quite interesting that we were 13th at half time yesterday. As potter always says the margins are very thin.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
How can Leicester afford such a high wage bill?

Winning the f.a cup and a run to the quarters of the europa league can't be that lucrative.

Have they actually got half of Thailand as their fan base? I can't imagine they have much of a presence anywhere else in the world.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's quite compressed in the middle, so although we've beaten our' wages' position by 6 places' we've only spent £30m less than the team with the 9th highest wage bill. Meanwhile Man Utd spent £118 more than the 6th highest wage bill, could have saved themselves some pennies there!

These are also 2021 figures, from when we finished 16th, ie par, although can't imagine we've added much in the last year. Some great young talent in our squad.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Winning the f.a cup and a run to the quarters of the europa league can't be that lucrative.

Have they actually got half of Thailand as their fan base? I can't imagine they have much of a presence anywhere else in the world.

Some big fees received as well, £250m in last five years from just Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. Guess they spent their windfalls on the squad, rather than pocketing profits like some owners.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

They have a billionaire owner. Which helps

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Those top four were the CL clubs, which gives a massive boost in income. El Pres will have to indicate how massive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here